Rukah's Moc Topic!

Very nice, the bright colors give it a bit of an 01 feel. Is it possible to attack something to the tip of the vine piece to make it look more like a typical flail? I know it’s possible with the actual physical piece but can’t speak for in Stud .io. Also I just realized something, do you design these to be buildable in real life?

4 Likes

No but in real life it would be a bit more floppy.

Thanks

Yep absolutely

7 Likes

Well, I do think that this design is too bulky, technic beams do not look good…

But I’ve come up with an elegant way to fix it:

It’s essentially what @Atobe_Brick suggested, but the ninjago blades are one stud closer to the rahkshi staff head

8 Likes

ok now I can’t believe I didn’t think of that
Thanks I’ll put it in stud.io once I get access to my computer
Edit:
edited Rukah’s, Vakras’ and the Irusians’ lore dumps:

Irusians

The Irusians live on a small island, called Irusia, that is a part of the Southern Islands of the Matoran Universe. All Irusians have wings, which enable them to fly, despite how spindly these wings may look. All Irusians also have innate knowledge of flight, and of air currents. They also all have the ability to use Kanohi masks and each have one natural power. These powers have a wide range and it is very difficult to find a pair of Irusians with the same powers. Certain parts of Irusians’ bodies also glow, and their eyes glow bright also. They are humanoid in appearance, about the size of a Toa. Despite using Kanohi like Toa, they can survive just fine without them. Removing an Irusian’s Kanohi has no effect on them. However, most wear masks to cover their unsightly faces and to give them extra abilities. Irusians are also slightly stronger than Toa and have unusually powerful immune systems, destroying almost any potentially harmful foreign agents. Most Irusians also have a fear of tight spaces, although Vakras is an exception. They are also very light on their feet, fitting for a flying species. Irusian crystals come from Irusia, and the reason that they are not more widely used in weaponry and armor is that they are very rare and very difficult to work with. The crafter that made Rukah’s swords and Vakras’ scythe was one of few Irusian crystal crafters that lived on Irusia.

Rukah

This particular Irusian is notable by being my self moc. Like all Irusians, he has wings, and can use them to fly. His Kanohi is shaped like a Miru Nuva, yet has the power of a Rode, enabling him to see through any lies or deception. There is probably a reason as to its unusual shape but he refuses to tell. His natural power is the ability to calm anyone or anything down, including himself. For example, if a Kane-Ra was about to charge at him, he could use it to make it calm down and stop. This is good, because Rukah does not have the best control of his emotions yet. He is hoping to improve this by training with the Order of Mata Nui. As for his tools, he carries twin swords, the blades crafted from Irusian crystal. This particular substance is notable for three things: One, the fact that it is almost indestructible, two, the fact that it can be used to deflect almost anything, and three, the fact that they were mined directly from Irusia itself. This gives them their name. From rocks to Rhotuka, Rukah’s swords can block or deflect them with no ill effects to it or the user. The blades are also incredibly sharp, given the honing Rukah has given them, making them as effective as the next weapon. His swords were specially made for him by an Irusian crafter. In battle, he is very quick, using his swords to strike fast. He is also light on his feet, as most Irusians are. Rukah himself is generally easy enough to get along with, provided you are not a thief or causer of harm. Lying to him will not work, given his mask. His goals generally line up with those of Toa, fighting to protect innocents and keep peace throughout the universe. Rukah is also a traveler, wanting to explore, though this sometimes gets him into trouble. Most of the time he isn’t quick to pick a fight, wanting to talk it out and such. Don’t underestimate him in battle, however. He is extremely skilled with his twin swords and is very creative in using his Irusian abilities. Rukah also has a quick wit, but he knows when to keep his mouth shut. Don’t get him angry though. He is very destructive when he’s angry. However, this doesn’t happen often given his particular Irusian power. His main color is silver, with accents of black. His glowing parts glow a light blue color. He carries with him Vakras’ old Kanohi, a Pakari.

Vakras

The Irusian named Vakras used to be Rukah’s best friend on Irusia, but later turned into the reason why he left. His armor was colored gray, with light gray accents. He had purple glowing parts, yet had green eyes. His Irusian power was instant disintegration. Vakras had to be careful while using this, as it is very dangerous. Like all Irusians, he had wings, and thus could fly. His Kanohi was the Pakari, or mask of strength. He worked as an Irusian crystal miner, his disintegration abilities coming in handy to get rid of rocks. He was rather timid and not much of a leader, but still knew how to get the job done. Also, he found dark places and caves to be comforting, unlike most Irusians. Unfortunately, he is not that way now. The current Vakras is cruel, calculating, and sneaky. One day, he was captured by a Makuta’s agents, because the Makuta wanted a capable lieutenant and decided that the Irusian was a prime candidate. He began… experimenting … on Vakras. When he was finished, his personality was completely different, and he had augmented abilities. While retaining his wings and power of disintegration, he gained the ability to build anger in other beings, ironically the opposite of Rukah’s natural power. He also became able to create and control molten protodermis. His armor color was changed to black, and the glowing parts of him and his eyes were changed to orange. His armor now had tiny barbs sticking out of it. To complete his transformation, Vakras was given two things. One, a Kanohi Ruru-shaped Tryna, and two, a scythe with Irusian crystal blades. He can use the Tryna to revive dead beings to fight for him, but it only lasts for as long as he concentrates. The scythe has a twin-bladed head, and the Irusian crystals allow it to deflect almost anything. The scythe was made by the same Irusian crafter that made Rukah’s blades, except this time he was forced to. After the Makuta was finished, Vakras was ready to serve him and be a faithful servant. Despite the changes, his heartlight glows purple, symbolic of the good that still remains locked away within him.

7 Likes

here you go
Sword design partially inspired by @NOTaHFfan

sword2

I must say this design is far superior to the old one
Also I made renders:
Tuyet:

Akaru:

9 Likes

Yep, definitely the best iteration of your sword design so far.

4 Likes

Thanks
@NOTaHFfan gave me the idea, see earlier posts
Edit:
I have finished Akaru’s lore dump:

Akaru

This guy is the Toa Cordrus of Plantlife. The mask that he wears is the Mask of Kindred, or the Faxon. It allows him to copy the powers of Rahi who share the same environment as him, and he frequently makes use of this ability. Akaru’s Toa Tool is the Vine Flail, which is a large flail that is made out of a vine. Being a Toa of Plantlife, he is able to control the vine, usually to have it wrap around other beings or their weapons. His other plant life powers include creating plants and controlling plants. Akaru often makes use of vines to capture opponents or to fight. He can also control dead plant matter and can accelerate the growth of plants. Akaru is very creative in using his elemental powers and a staple move of his is to ensnare beings with vines. He also excels at stealth, but given his bright blue and green armor this is only good in jungles or other similar heavily wooded areas. Personality-wise, Akaru is generally easygoing and kind. He appreciates the little things in life, like the texture of tree bark and the colors of flowers. Additionally, he respects most beings and gets along well with Kavrin in this regard. Don’t mistake him for being slow, however. In battle, he is also very calm, and doesn’t make a move until he is sure it will work. Alternatively, he uses powerful and fast blows when angered, and the best way to anger him is to carelessly destroy plants and foliage. Despite the speed of these attacks, they are uncannily accurate. Akaru cares deeply about plants, being a Toa of Plantlife. He also gets along well with Toiah, given his wisecracking nature, and can understand Rutar and the others very well. Akaru also understands interconnected systems very well, and is a skilled healer. As a Bo-Matoran, he lived in a village called Bo-Koro, where he worked as a healer, and this knowledge still serves him well as a Toa. His village was located on the southern part of the Northern Continent. Like the other members of the Toa Cordrus, Akaru had never met any of them until they became Toa.

5 Likes

me has made a new render for Kavrin:

see if you can spot the small changes I’ve made
Edit:
me has also made a new render for Casua:

I’ve narrowed the shoulders a bit.

7 Likes

bing bang boom
may I present
Toiah, Toa of Ice:
Front:

Back:

Side view:
toiah3
Head area:
toiah4
Icicle sword:
toiah5
yep he’s the sixth and final Toa Cordrus
oh and also I made Casua’s torso a bit longer:

criticism wanted!

10 Likes

Ooh Rukah a new moc! i will steal your puns and say he looks cool!

3 Likes

that’s pretty cold, heyzorks
after all he’s a pretty nice guy.

also thanks

don’t worry you can steal my puns :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

He looks nice, I like the technique used to give the blade some extra heft.

4 Likes

I think you mean he looks nice
lol

thanks
also the weapon was the hardest, because I couldn’t decide what to give him. Eventually I settled on this sword design. Glad you like it

6 Likes

Well done, I think he’s one of your best

I refuse to make an ice pun

4 Likes

Do you like the sword?

5 Likes

I also made renders:
Casua:

Toiah:

And I managed to make a group shot render:

alright I do believe the Toa Cordrus are finished.

8 Likes

I do

coolio

Maybe you should put them in a more dynamic pose

4 Likes

yeah maybe
but I have no patience for stud.io posing

5 Likes

Finished Toiah’s lore dump:

Toiah

Toa of Ice of the Toa Cordrus. Toiah’s Kanohi is the Kiril, the Mask of Regeneration. With it he can regenerate and repair inorganic materials, such as armor. It doesn’t work on organic materials, however. Toiah’s Kiril is Noble-shaped, though it is a Great Mask. The Icicle Sword is his primary weapon, and being a Toa of Ice can channel his ice powers through it. He also uses the blunt hilt of the blade to hit things, and the blade part to slice things. Using his powers, Toiah can create and control ice. A signature combat move of his is to shoot icicles from his hands. In battle, he is usually very swift, using his ice powers to the fullest advantage, often trapping foes in ice blocks. He is careful to follow the Toa Code and not kill foes by freezing, though. Toiah is also very good at dodging things and is very agile, though not to the extent of Casua. He is also very well versed in the intricacies of technology and mechanics, being able to fix broken pieces of technology with his mask and build gadgets for the team, if he has the right materials. Toiah’s personality is easygoing, and he has been known to frequently crack jokes. He’s very much the “nice guy” of the team. Despite all this, he knows when to keep his mouth shut as to not get himself or others in trouble, though sometimes he does cross the line. The times when Toiah is serious are the times to watch out for him. He usually only gets serious when in a difficult battle or when being told something important. He uses swift, dangerous attacks when serious in battle, and is not to be underestimated due to his creative mind. Don’t take his easygoing nature for laziness, however, because once he starts a job he will see it through to the very end. Toiah is also extremely loyal to Gradus and will do almost anything he tells him to. He gets along well with pretty much all of the Toa Cordrus. Before becoming a Toa, Toiah lived in a village of Ko-Matoran on the northwestern part of the Southern Continent. When Toiah was a Matoran he worked as an engineer. Like the rest, he had never met them until they became Toa.

6 Likes

ok so like I made another Irusian.
Dekan:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area:

Sword: (That lewa sword there is a placeholder for this)
dekan5
Smithing hammer:

Wings:

criticism and opinions wanted.

8 Likes