Rukah's Moc Topic!

Serti looks pretty nice, all his shaping is generally fine and there’s nothing too egregious about him. Great parts usage on the staff.

As for modifications, I feel Casua’s entire torso just needs to be reworked from scratch. It’s far too short for her limbs and looks downright ridiculous, being somehow too thin and too wide. I think the limbs would work fine on a different body, but the thighs are almost certainly too thin.

Either Kavrin’s legs need to be simplified or her body needs to be more complex, because as it is, the clashing textures look a bit weird. Similarly, I feel there’s way too much gold in the legs compared to everywhere else, and the waist feels especially blocky.

Karusa’s torso definitely needs better shaping, but the rest is fine.

Rukah’s limbs need to be more detailed or his body needs to be more simplified. Either way, getting rid of the brick torso would be an improvement.

6 Likes

Alright then, how’s this?

kavrin2

kavrin3

kavrin4

Edit:
I’ve also changed some parts on Rukah’s torso, but I’m kinda eh about it.

rukah5

rukah4

rukah3

rukah1

8 Likes

boom I finished another moc.
Vedra, Toa of Plasma:
Front:
vedra1
Back:

Side view:

Head area:
vedra4
Plasma Sword:

Plasma Crossbow:
vedra6
Vedra, Turaga of Plasma:
Front:

Back:
vedra8
Side view:

Head area:
vedra10
Plasma Sword:

Plasma Crossbow:
vedra12
alrighty, critique would be nice.

11 Likes

I like the weapon design for them, though overall I prefer the turaga version, probably because of the color distribution and because I feel the noble matatu works better for him

4 Likes

He’s orange
and he has a blue heartlight
Orange and Blue i love it

4 Likes

dang the plasma one looks fresh as hecc

3 Likes

ok, me made some renders:

6 Likes

blue ‘n’ orange su-toa still lookin funky
yes i’m going to count 1 blue piece in a moc with orange as it being blue ‘n’ orange

5 Likes

you forgot the brain piece

5 Likes

2 BLUE PIECES??? IN A MOC WITH ORANGE???
THAT MAKES IT EVEN BETTER!!!

5 Likes

either way it’s still orange and white
Does this mean I should give my Toa of Lightning moc orange eyes??

6 Likes

y e s

4 Likes

I was actually thinking of neon green but I think this would work better due to the contrast

6 Likes

Alright I finished Vedra’s lore dump:

Vedra

A Turaga of Plasma, creator of the Toa Cordrus, and Serti’s best friend. As a Toa, his Kanohi was the Great Matatu, allowing him to lift and move objects with his mind. As a Turaga, he wore the Noble Mask of Telekinesis, which had the same function just for a lesser duration and with reduced lifting strength. Vedra’s Toa Tool was unique in that it could be converted from a Plasma Sword to a Plasma Crossbow. It retained this functionality after he became a Turaga. The crossbow fired plasma bolts, and it was specially treated so that it would not melt when in use. Vedra was an expert on using the dual functionality of this weapon, and it fit with his eccentric and unpredictable nature. He was also a great shot with it and likewise was very well-versed in swordsmanship. His element is plasma, and such he can create and control plasma, as in superheated ionized gas. This element is rather dangerous, and Vedra had to be careful that he did not kill his enemies, as Toa try not to kill if it isn’t absolutely necessary. However, due to his experience, Vedra is a skilled user of the element. He is very good at using it to melt objects or heat things up. He also specialized in using it to create bright displays to distract enemies. As a Turaga, his power was greatly reduced, but he still had limited plasma powers. His sword/crossbow shrank with him. In battle, he often uses wild and unpredictable tactics, contrasting against Serti’s more strategic moves. He uses his Kanohi in battle as well, using it to fling objects or enemies around in addition to his plasma powers. Vedra’s personality is very eccentric and unpredictable, in sharp contrast to his best friend Serti’s. He likes to make jokes and frequently tells them in battle to put enemies off balance. He also likes to move around, and he cannot sit still for very long. Vedra is a skilled warrior and despite his lighthearted personality he can recognize when he should be serious. As a Turaga he retains his eccentric tendencies, though he directs the newer Toa in battle rather than taking part himself. Like Serti, he enjoys teaching the less experienced members of their group, and is very loyal to his friends and allies. As a Toa, he was transformed from a Su-Matoran, and was originally on the same team as Serti, where the two met and became friends. Their team went on many adventures throughout the universe, saving innocents and doing good. Eventually, the team began to disband, as the former members settled down and became Turaga. Vedra and Serti decided that they should do this as well, and settled on the southern island of Irusia. They had been there on a past adventure and the Irusians were friendly enough, and the two Toa were welcomed as protectors of the island. They lived there for several decades, and their time there was mostly peaceful until Vedra had a vision of the island being invaded and the population captured. Knowing they needed to act fast, Serti put his power into six Toa Stones, eventually creating the Toa Setras. Vedra made Toa Stones as well, although he did not do so until much later, as he was unable to find suitable Matoran. A day before the invasion, Vedra came to Dekan and asked if he had any ideas on which Matoran he should pick to become Toa. Dekan said no, but he revealed to the Toa of Plasma that he knew of a teleportation device that could be used to make new Toa in times of trouble. Vedra went with the Irusian blacksmith and found it, with Dekan telling him that the device required Toa Stones in order to work. Vedra complied, and gave him the six Toa Stones, but then the invasion had begun. Dekan told him to flee, and Vedra trusted him with the stones. Dekan activated the device and the stones were sent to the suva on the Southern Continent, and the six Matoran called there, Gradus, Kavrin, Rutar, Casua, Akaru, and Toiah, became the Toa Cordrus, while Vedra transformed into a Turaga. Ultimately, Dekan was captured while Vedra, Serti, and the Toa Setras managed to escape Irusia before being caught. The six Toa and two Turaga eventually met up with the Toa Cordrus and the four Irusians, and joined forces. After this, they began making battle plans to take back the island, and started heading toward it. The two Turaga also began training the new Toa.

6 Likes

I also made some changes to Casua:

casua2

casua5

Edit:
I changed a few parts on Kavrin’s back:

I changed the feet as well:

kavrin2

kavrin3

@Monopoly this one’s for you

5 Likes

So much better, yet still…

That rectangular shape…

brick torso

9 Likes

well it has brick arms, legs and head, but I know what you mean :stuck_out_tongue:
Also did you see Kavrin?

5 Likes

Yes, very nice improvements. The feet could perhaps be a bit smaller, they look especially odd from the sides.

4 Likes

Yeah true, but there aren’t that many foot pieces that come in mata blue.
How does the torso look?
Also, did you see Vedra?

5 Likes

Maybe do something like this:

The torso might look less rectangular.

5 Likes