You’re very perceptive

8 Likes

ye
also I was in the topic so…

6 Likes

I know, it was very perceptive of you to do so

8 Likes

yah
now are you going to just clutter my topic or provide some actual feedback? :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Alright, professional critique for everyone.

Gradus: Definitely one of my favourites here. He strays away from the torso brick present in a lot of your other Mocs, and he’s also one of the most proportional. Nice weapon as well.

Tuyet: Good Moc, but it falls into the trap I feel a lot of other Tuyet Mocs fall into of just looking too evil. She was a normal Toa once, I think the black, dark blue and red colour scheme covered in spikes is a bit on the nose, a shame since it seems one of the most common designs.

Kavrin: Everything above the waist looks great, but the legs look far to cluttered. It doesn’t help that her hips are wider than her shoulders, which just looks, well wrong.

Rutar: Another good one. I love the angled handles on the weapons, it makes them a lot more dynamic.

Rukah: Not one of my favourites, unfortunately. He’s the first to use the brick torso, which as I’ve expressed before, doesn’t look too good. There’s no shaping whatsoever and the body itself is very flat. The limbs, as a result of using CCBS, feel far too smooth compared to the heavily greebled torso and feet. I like the wings, though.

Vakras: While he does clearly use the brick torso, it’s disguised a bit by the torso shell which shapes the body properly. His legs are also an improvement over Rukah’s, despite being practically the same, as that little bit of extra armouring makes the clashing textures less noticeable.

Ractun: Nice simple Moc, although the back looks a bit of a mess.

Robot1: Love the vehicle mode, robot looks a bit boring in comparison. I also hate that torso armour piece with a passion.

Hagah: Bunch of Metru bois. Not much to say, really.

Casua: My least favourite by far. Every part of her body just looks the wrong shape, and the colour blocking is spread very weirdly.

Akaru: My favourite Moc here. Proportionally much better than some others, and the colour scheme is a very unique one I personally haven’t seen before.

Toiah: Another very good one, sharing certain design elements with Akaru. His colours are a bit bland, but there’s not much you can do with a Toa of ice.

Dekran: I love everything about him except the entire shins. They just look so out of place, with the shells looking both too long and too thin, while also being way too smooth for the rest of him. Everything else is perfect, though.

Whari: the CCBS legs don’t look so out of place here as the torso shares their design, and as such is probably one of the best of the Irusians.

Karusa: Limbs are good, wings are good, but the torso is possibly the brickiest so far, with practically no shaping at all. It’s just a flat rectangle. The weapon is similarly weird, as I… can’t really tell what it’s supposed to be?

Overall pretty good Mocs, with a few exceptional standouts and also Casua.

8 Likes

it’s funny because most of Gradus’ lower torso is composed of system pieces.
thanks tho

Yeah, I guess that’s pretty true. Though is there anything wrong with making her look that way?

hmm
Maybe I should improve the weird legs.

thanks

He’s one of my oldest designs, so yeah… I should probably edit him as well…

thanks

The things on the back are extra robotic arms, if that clears it up.

True. The robot is a bit boring. But it’s supposed to be that way (at least in the one with the staff) to look mass producable.

yeah.

eehh
this one is probably my least favorite of all of my toa
Any ideas on improvement?

Yeah, he’s pretty good. thanks

Yeah the colors are boring but yeah you’re right.
thanks

Ironically, I used the metru covers on him the same as on Rukah and Karusa, and yet somehow you really like him. This is probably because of all the other details I stuffed into him. The only reason that I used the really long shin guards was because the longest length of ccbs shell in metru green is 4.

Yes, his and Dekan’s torso are probably the best of the Irusians. thanks

The weapon is supposed to be a staff, and as for the torso, yeah… it’s kinda boring.

Well thanks for your honest and detailed review! :smiley:
Edit: @Monopoly not to be rude, but did you read the whole topic? Because I’ve updated some characters since their original posts.

5 Likes

Yes, I have seen the updates. My critiques are based on the most recent versions of each character.

6 Likes

ok
Also here’s the latest of my mocs:
Serti, Toa of Magnetism:
Front:

Back:

Side view:
serti3
Head area:
serti4
Magnetic Staff:

Serti, Turaga of Magnetism:
Front:

Back:

Side view:

Head area:
serti9
Magnetic Staff:
serti10
Constructive criticism and opinions appreciated, of course.

9 Likes

The Turaga form’s pretty good

Edit: Karusa is also nicely done

5 Likes

Thanks
it’s rather hard to build at that scale

5 Likes

the torso’s pretty nice.

3 Likes

wait for both versions or just one?

5 Likes

for all three versions.

4 Likes

fine.
Edit:
flipped the back foot piece to get more leg articulation:
serti1

Double edit:
I also made renders:

9 Likes

all these wingy dudes look cool

3 Likes

I added weapon storage for Serti’s Magnetic Staff:
It’s the technic connector.
Edit:
I also finished his lore dump:

Serti

A Turaga of Magnetism, creator of the Toa Setras, and Vedra’s best friend. Before becoming a Turaga, he wore a Great Mask of Night Vision, which allowed him to see in the dark, project a light from his head, and even gave him limited X-ray vision. After becoming a Turaga, he wore the Noble Ruru, which only allowed night vision. As a Toa, his tool was the Magnetic Staff. Although called a staff, Serti was good at using it as a blunt-ended spear, often using his magnetism abilities to guide it in flight. He can also bring the weapon back to him after it has been thrown, as it is magnetic. He retained the staff as a Turaga, however it became smaller to size better with him. Serti’s element allows him to create and control magnetism and magnetic fields. As a Turaga, his power level was greatly reduced, but he still had limited control over magnetism. In battle, Serti uses his element in very direct ways, often flinging opponents around or magnetizing them to the ground. In addition, he is a good strategist, an expert at finding his enemies’ weak spots and exploiting them. Serti’s personality is very reserved and serious. He has little sense of humor and can often be blunt and uncompromising, however he is very loyal to and respects his friends. He also has a strong sense of duty and hardly ever gives up once he gets started on something, though he will recognize when he needs to stop. Serti is a seasoned warrior and his tactics are a result of his experienced mind, though as a Turaga he has less involvement in battle than he is used to, due to his lessened strength and smaller frame. He has taken quick advantage of these, and despite not being involved directly in battle he offers advice and instructions to the Toa Setras and Toa Cordrus. Serti enjoys passing on his battle knowledge and experience to these less experienced warriors. As a Toa, he was transformed from a Fa-Matoran and was originally on the same team as Vedra, where they met and soon became friends. The two and their team went on many adventures throughout the universe, saving innocent Matoran and solving mysteries. Eventually, the other members of the team settled down and became Turaga. Serti and Vedra thought they should do this as well, and while they were still Toa they decided to settle on the island of Irusia, having ventured there on a past excursion. The Irusians were friendly enough and the two were welcomed as protectors of the island. They remained there for several decades, until Vedra had a vision of their new home being invaded by hostile forces. This was only days until the invasion, and the two knew they needed to act fast. Serti and Vedra put their Toa Power into a set of six Toa Stones each, though Vedra did not do so until much later. Serti gave his stones to six Matoran who lived in Irusia, those being Ohira, Dektra, Letarin, Kerik, Trevinas, and Castan. These six took the stones, and, after activating them, became the Toa Setras while Serti transformed into a Turaga. During the invasion, Serti and Vedra were able to escape, and the two met up with the Toa Setras, and the group eventually met the Toa Cordrus and the quartet of Irusians. After this, they started heading for Irusia and began making battle plans.

5 Likes

Alright @Monopoly, I’m making changes to Casua, Kavrin, Karusa and maaaybe Rukah, so what would you say are the worst things on them and that I should change?
ps, critique on Serti would be nice.

5 Likes