RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

“What does it say though?” Coral asks curiously, as she tries to read the speech bubbles.

Flare:" Oh well um, would you like me to read it to you?"

OOC: I don’t know how that conclusion sprouted from him pretty much being allowed to roam around, freed, in fact.

IC: Ash approached the crows slowly, but he heard them fly away. He opened his eyes and saw that he was right. He then noticed that his markings were glowing white, though since he stopped focusing on the crows, they dimmed. Ash smiled and tried to use his new hearing abilities to find one of the Fire Beings. He closed his eyes and imagined the crackling and waving of fire, being the only sounds he could think of. To his surprise, he started to hear it and slowly walked towards it, opening his eyes while keeping track of the noise.

2 Likes

“Yes master, I would.” Coral says quietly.

OOC: Mainly Beacuse he was chained up, being freed may have been a reward for filling the order to listen, as it seems he was being punished for having feelings for Oliver, though it may just be me going crazy…

OOC stop with the slave thing, we don’t need to add to this mess

OOC: Yeah, Okay. I probably just shouldn’t have mentioned it my bad.

OOC Can we bring back torture? /s

OOC:NO

3 Likes

Flare:" Ok I’ll start from the beginning." She says with a smile and starts reading the manga over again.

OOC: the book is called Legal Drug, it’s really good, here are the first two pages Flare is reading.

1 Like

OOC Have I been drinking too much caffine?

Would love be considered a drug…

1 Like

OOC: Seems interesting.

Coral just happily listens.

OOC: there are pharmaceuticals though.

2 Likes

OOC Just searched up for free reads… I found legal ways to get high instead…

True

OOC: Sometimes, being clingy to loved ones is unhealthy. Ash is being tested on how well he can not only heighten his senses, but also how dependent he is on others. If all he can think about is Oliver and how much he worries about him, how will he get anything done? He could start making mistakes during a mission for having those thoughts all the time instead of paying attention. It’s more like training to focus on a task given to him, as well as gain superhuman senses along the way.

IC: He suddenly heard one of them very closely, and even felt their heat. He opened his eyes and saw one of them. He wanted to speak, but decided not to, afraid speaking would make his markings burn again. The Fire Being standing in front of him nodded, and the female Fire Being appeared as well. “You’re doing great, coyote, however, you seem to be struggling.”

“I am? . . . I guess, maybe a little.”

“You want to listen to everything, just in case. It is good that your mind is willing to only take in the sounds of the environment, however, some sounds can drown out others, and even prove distracting.”

“It helps that my mind’s clear.”

“Yes, true . . . but it’s still not focused, is it?”

Ash shrugs and shakes his head a little. “I guess not.”

“You’ll figure it out. In the meantime, why don’t you go hunt for breakfast?” She and the other Being turn. “Oh, and don’t even think about leaving. If you prove to be a bit restless, we will have to resort to your markings to keep you here.” They disappear.

Was it that obvious? He shifts into a coyote and starts wandering, using his hearing whenever he can to find something to eat.

1 Like

Flare finishes the first chapter," Would you like me to continue?"

OOC: True, I jumped to conclusions, and it was my bad. I got to take my mom somewhere really quickly be right back.

“Only if you would like to master.” Coral says.

Ideruba starts to walk to Coral’s house. Should I…

Flare:" Well today is your day off, meaning you are free and can make your own choices , so what will it be?"

He stopped when he heard hooves nearby, and turned to face where the sound was coming from. He could barely see a bighorn sheep up the mountain. Can’t exactly chase after it, but . . . He snuck up under the sheep and saw that the ground under it was loose. Still a coyote, he starts digging until it seemed unstable. The sheep was trying to climb up the mountain. Ash had a rock in his mouth. Alright, let’s see if this works. Nothing personal, sheep, but I need to eat. He throws the rock over and it hits the pile of rocks underneath the sheep, giving way. The sheep tripped and fell, dying from the impact it had on the ground. Ash flinched a little before approaching the sheep. He dragged it back to his space in the canyon where he was chained and shifted back. Man, hunting as a coyote is actually kinda fun. He forms an ashen knife and starts to skinning the sheep before cutting chunks of its meat off. He looks around and finds a few pieces of firewood and makes a fire. He heard one of the Fire Beings close by, but chooses to ignore it. Almost as if they weren’t there at all, Ash was so focused on cooking his breakfast that the sounds of crackling fire faded away. He starts cooking the meat.

Ideruba gets to Flare’s house and knocks on the door as quiet as he can