RWBY: The Rift (Topic)

Kota lets Toko down once they get to the creek. “So, Toko, remember when I talked about patience?”

OOC: Understandable.

Toko nods.

“Well, fishing like this-” he steps into the creek, the water rushing by his legs, “requires a lot of waiting. You have to wait for the right time to throw the spear down.” Kota stares intently at the creek, some fish swimming around him.

“I won’t be in the water right?”

“Not unless you’re the one fishing,” Kota says, giggling. He sees a large trout swim up to him and he throws the spear down through it. He picks up the spear with the trout flopping on it. “Also have to be quick on the draw. That one was out of impulse.”

“but I wanted to fish.”

Kota gets an idea. He puts the trout onto a piece of cloth next to his backpack and picks Toko up, having her sit on his shoulder. “Well, think you can be okay like this while I’m in the creek?”

She nods nervously, flinching as a drop of water hits her leg.

Kota wipes it away and steps back into the creek. “Please be careful, okay?” he says as he hands her the spear, already pointing down towards the creek.

She takes it.

“Okay, now wait until the perfect moment. Take your time,” he whispers, standing still so the fish aren’t alarmed.

She aims.

Kota watches, holding her tight so she won’t fall.

Toko throws it and loses her balance, falling in.

Kota tries to catch her.

Hitting the water she begins to convulse.

Kota picks her up and runs out of the creek, hyperventilating.

Toko quickly passed out.

“Toko? TOKO!” Kota yells, crying.

Iris assured “she’ll be fine, just dry her off.”