Sage V2

Wonder how many of you will remember this guy. I made Sage and Shadowstep over the same weekend last year and they both still stand as some of my favourite mocs. I figured that considering Sage has undergone about the same amount of change as Shadowstep that he also deserved a new topic. So here he is in all his green glory.

Sage: The Evergreen Guardian

A lot of the most notable changes are really due to more texturing and detail, most of the buds from his previous iteration have bloomed into flowers

Most of his core design elements remain the same, including his head design, i couldn’t bear to change it because its just always been him (also he reminds me of Bastion from Overwatch)

Oh look a mushroom

Heres a better look at his upper torso

So yeah thats Sage as he stands right now, hes another one of those mocs that im always looking to improve so any suggestions you guys have are appreciated. Hope you guys aren’t getting sick of me yet, cos I’ve got a lot more new stuff on the way soon :^)

81 Likes

This is phenomenal. The detailing is insanely awesome and the head design is awesome.

1 Like

it looks like a friendly xenomorph

3 Likes

This looks really good.
It doesn’t look too cluttered to me despite all the colours and textures which is good.

2 Likes

Awesome. So colorful, original, creative, and impressive.

2 Likes

I very much enjoy how bright and appealing it is.

1 Like

HAHAHA omg i totally see it

1 Like

This is an awesome revamp. Little bit of my opinion tho is that the brown mata feet stick out a little too much? But dang, that continuity where the buds have blossomed is nice.

1 Like

Thanks man! Thats a fair complaint, my intent with the brown feet was that they would represent either soil or roots due to him being a plant dude, but i might consider changing them to something a bit more consistent to his aesthetic

1 Like

It’s a lot more detailed and complete looking than before! Great improvement.

1 Like

What a great tree person.

1 Like

I don’t really like the head as it looks a little too robotic compared to the rest of the build, but regardless awesome moc

1 Like

I’m rooting for this moc!

3 Likes

I am loving the colors,they speak true nature,also like the use of vine and flower pieces to add more accessory.

1 Like

Looks pretty solid! I like how all the different shades of green mesh to make a very organic/plant-based creature.

1 Like

This is very nice and pretty.

1 Like

Definetly better than the original, and still has the charm the original had. And still looks a lot like the original MOC, which is great.

And yes, he still reminds me of this guy:

3 Likes

Quite a sight to behold. The addition of the trans light blue gives the model a lot more life, really bringing out the rest of the details. I also like how the brown is focused towards the feet and inside him, looking almost like dirt and trunks that all the vegetation is growing off.

1 Like

Xenomorphs with different elements.

Looks pretty good. Better than V1 in many ways

1 Like

Really glad someone picked up on that :slight_smile: i was very methodical with my colour distribution on this guy