Salvation: Part II

Corona smiles as she turns her attention back to SideStep.

“I, uhm, have a feeling this isn’t quite what you were expecting,” she quietly confides to the Decepticon.

That, I cannot give you; but you might find it sooner than you think…”

The prophet walks on, as two bots follow her to offer gifts to Alterion and Delta.

To Delta, a bot in blue armor presents a small stasis canister, holding a tiny, bird-like mechanical with two large mandibles in between its beak.

“The pirate whom Thrift… ah, how shall we say, acquired your beast mode from also kept this curious little fellow around,” Corona says to her. “He just so happens to be among my followers, and decided to offer it to you.”

Thrift’s eyes widen. To him, this was apparently not good news. The junkion begins looking for a way to sneakily depart from the scene…

To Alterion, a woman bearing violet armor and militaristic alt-mode components hands Alterion a large sword:

OOC: it’s this, but the blade and hilt are silver (most of the time, anyway).

IC:

“The Sword of Judgement was long thought lost,” Corona says, “vanished with its master when the Knights disappeared so long ago. You are a seeker of truth, Alterion; a worthy successor to the blade.”

Daria quips,
“What do you think the chances of them being nice are?”

Actaeon shrugs and grabs the key.

Driftshot watches the others, keeping a ‘poker’ face. He wasn’t the most comfortable in front of crowds.

1 Like

“Maybe… thirty-five-point-nine-two?” Facelift proposes, tilting his head.

The two sentinels deem the two to not be a threat, and return to their previous positions on the wall.

The Omega Key feels cool to the touch.

A bot with lime-colored armor presents Driftshot with a containment device holding a swirling mass of liquid sentio metalico- the “living metal” that cybertronians were made from.

“Driftburn, Scrapshot… one who lives two lives, and is unsure which, if either, is truly his own,” muses Corona. “Perhaps this could help you find your answer…”

Driftburn puts his hands on the containment device,
“This… is it something you’re sure I should have?”

“I’d say one hundred.”
Daria quips back grabbing her weapon.

Actaeon shrugs and flies back to where Daria and Facelift were, possibly being heard or seen.

Corona nods.

“Yes,” she affirms, “it is.”

“Well that was disappointing!” Facelift whines. “I was hoping for some real combat, y’know? It’s been too long since we’ve stared into the yawning abyss of the maw of death.”

Indeed, Gronius and Zepar may have seen Actaeon, in his jet form, rocketing away from Salvation and out toward one of the cliffs. (@BlackBeltGamer98 @Toa_Vladin)

The docking cradle’s arms and swarm of drones aid the engineers in repairing the Fleetcarrier, stripping away damaged sections of hull plating and putting her weapons back in fighting shape.

SideStep nodded.
“That’s for sure.” He replied.

ooc: just asking before I forget, does Spectrum get anything? Sorry if I sound greedy, I’m just curious.

Driftshot peers at the liquid metal, wondering what in the world he might use it for.

Daria quips,
“We can put you in the front line in the next fight.”

Actaeon lands and walks toward them,
“Perhaps that could be arranged.”

He walks up to the door,
“Maybe this key could be a key to the door, anyone want to do the honors?”

It was was impossible to discern its function just from looking at it within the container.

Facelift gestured to the door.

“Hey, you’re the one holding it right now…”

“Uh… Uhm… Thanks! What about Gronius and the others?”

Alterion took it and started swinging it in the air.
“Not bad.”

Blight still spins around, utterly confused.

Pixel begins to repair himself as he stands in the middle of the congregation.

“They will have to receive their gifts another time,” Corona says.

She continues on, walking with another bot, clad in white armor, towards Blight.

“Is there a problem?” she asks, taking note of his body language.

Indeed, the Sword of Judgement was a well-made weapon, and the blade emitted a faint, low hum as it swished through the air. In the crowd, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ seems to disapprove of the concept of Corona, for whom he had made his distaste clear, handing long-lost historical artifacts to any old Autobot. Far away, Lurch was practically fuming- no doubt he felt only a Decepticon deserved the weapon.

She nodded, as she started studying the machinimal.

“Problems?” he asked Lurch, if he was close enough to see his reaction.

Lurch was, unfortunately, too far away.

The mechanimal was a curious little thing- possessing a wide, oblong body and no wings to speak of, and two slender fins rising from its back. The pincers in its beak were adorned with sharp teeth.

She tried to open its cage.

Zepar spots Acteon, “Found you.” He said.

He beckons Gronius to follow him as he transforms to fly over and join him.

(@Jcton, @Toa_Vladin)

Shadowraker keeps looking for Daria in the ship.

Epsilon tries to look formal as he stands in the group on the stage while Corona spoke.

(@Chromeharpoon)

He did so.

The lid of the canister twists open, and the creature looks up at Delta curiously.

Alterion might see that one of the monolithic statues lining the cliffs around Salvation wielded a 15-mile long replica of the Sword of Judgement.

As Corona was busy, a male cybertronian in sleek, pink armor hands Epsilon a datacard, of a model usually used to hold alt-mode schematics.

“Yeah, I think Corona was gonna say something profound about this,” the bot says, “but she’s busy, and unfortunately I’m not even half as good with words as she is.”

Daria would not be found aboard Salvation; the Fleetcarrier was largely empty, in fact.

Epsilon carefully examines the card and tries to see what the data within was.

Shadowraker gives a confused chirp before flying off to find Zepar.

“Hey there little guy!”

Alterion approached it.

The datacard projected a tiny hologram of an older cybertronian tank:

The bird makes no sound in reply. It just continues to eye Delta curiously.

Alterion’s departure turns a few heads, but no-one stops him; he’d gotten his new weapon, and so his presence was no longer explicitly required.

The statue was one of the original Knights of Cybertron- and, evidently, the Sword of Judgement’s original master.

1 Like