Salvation: Part II

Topside nods appreciatively.

“Good bot,” he says.

“O-or 'Con. Whatever.”

SideStep nods. “Con. But it doesn’t really matter, does it?”

■■■■■■■■■■■■ fights a raised eyebrow. If other Decepticons could be so willing to cooperate with Autobots… then maybe…

Then maybe their patience deserves to be rewarded, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ decides, frowning.

Topside, on the other hand, sympathizes with SideStep.

“True that,” the Autobot captain agrees.

Obsidian recoils from the blow, holding the ax in his left hand. Reforming his right forearm into a gattling gun, he swings the weapon around and sends a storm of energon bolts streaking toward Wildsong.

Brainpan lifts her head up, glaring at Wildsong with nothing but hatred in her mismatched eyes, before-

CRACKCRACKCRACK!

Three hard light bolts hit the doctor in the back, piercing her sparkchamber. Brainpan’s expression softens, the anger fading away, as she realizes she will still die, after all, mistreated, alone, and unloved.

And so she does. The light leaves her optics as she clatters to the ground, revealing five Ground Troopers with their rifles raised. They join Obsidian in shooting at Wildsong.

“I… Uhm… OK.” he said as he turned to his dragon mode and fly towards the waterfall.
OOC: Where is that again?

OOC: Why…
IC: Song, although shocked by Brainpan’s quick, unjust death, takes her body with her four arms and uses it as a shield as she runs away towards the closest hangar.

1 Like

The waterfall hideout was in Little Iacon, though the miniature city’s redesign had moved it onto its own platform within the chamber, out of the park.

Motherboard darts out of an entryway into the cavern in her drone form, darting down to the platform with Gronius.

In the time it took Wildsong to grab Brainpan’s body, she would still be pelted by enemy fire, adding to the injuries sustained by Brainpan’s electrocution. Obsidian and his men give chase, shooting at Wildsong all the while. The general launches another missile after the fleeing Autobot.

@Toa_Vladin

SideStep glances at ■■■■■■■■■■■■, but says nothing.
“Well, what are we waiting for? We’ve got a planet to explore, eh?”

Since his encounter with the Cybermatter, SideStep seemed wholly renewed. Although nobody knew him before his incident with Shockwave, he was almost completely restored to his original mental capacity.
That being said, he was not fully healed… and what part of him was still unwell has yet to show itself.

1 Like

Topside nods, before tapping the side of his head to comm Motherboard.

“Motherboard, could you-?”

Topside is interrupted by a whooshing sound as a lime-green vortex swirls into being behind him and the rest of the bridge crew.

Topside turns his head, looking up at ■■■■■■■■■■■■.

“Can she read minds or something?” the Autobot asks.

■■■■■■■■■■■■ smirks. “Perhaps you’re just that predictable,” says he.

SideStep chuckles at ■■■■■■■■■■■■’s comment, before hefting his new rifle and walking through the groundbridge.

“Uhm… Hi!” Gronius greets in his dragon mode, waving his huge claw into the air as he flies by Motherboard’s left.

OOC: Please, stop tagging me on that. I am thinking at a scene between Redstocker and Alterion, but I need time to write it down.

IC: Song throws Brainpan’s body, which would probably shield her by the missile as she darts right on a random hallway, running as fast as her legs were allowing her to the nearest hangar, trying to remember the layout of the ship as best as she could from the time she and the others rescued Shockwave.

SideStep and the bridge crew emerge from the portal amidst a spacious forest. All around them were scorched, felled trees that the ground bridge had inadvertently felled when it opened. Looking up through the canopy, SideStep could see Salvation silhouetted in the afternoon sun.

“Alright, alright,” Topside says. “Now, if I were holy warrior-explorer looking to hide a relic of godly power, where would I hide it…?”

The Autobot scans the forest, tapping his metal chin.

Motherboard increases her speed and touches down on the platform, transforming to robot mode and looking up at Gronius as she silently waits for him, standing stock-still.

Indeed it was. The corpse of Brainpan explodes as the missile impacts her, destroying it.

Unfortunately, Song’s previous incursion into the Adjutant hadn’t taken her into this sector of the supply ship.

However, rounding this corner, Song would meet a familiar face: the yellow and green-armored sanitation worker with garbage truck mode, who startles at her sudden appearance.

>Krgk<- Whoa! - krgk” he exclaims, throwing his hands above his head.

“Probably some sort of temple.” Thrust said, walking up to them.

Zepar was back on the planet, waiting patiently for the Key to arrive. (@meepinater)

1 Like

“Yeah, that’s my guess,” Breakswitch concurs

Or,” Broadband says, holding up a finger, “they knew we’d think that, and the thing’s just buried in a random ditch somewhere.”

1 Like

He rolls into the air as he falls next to her in his robot mode.
“So… What now?”

“Primus protect her Spark…” Song silently prayed.

OOC: Who?

Motherboard points a long, black-armored finger toward the spy’s former hideout.

OOC: an NPC y’all met when rescuing Shockwave. I figured I’d have him make a cameo to preserve continuity.

IC: the janitor stands in the middle of the hall, his hands raised.

>Krgk<- Uhh… please don’t kill me? - >krgk<

“What… This? I am unaware with this place.” Gronius said. In the past few days he even forgot, even didn’t really cared about the whole thing with the spy.

OOC: I don’t remember him, sorry.

IC: “I won’t, if you help me. Tell me quickly, where is the nearest hangar? Where can I find the nearest escape shuttle?” she said, clearly agitated and not in the mood for a bargain with such an individual like the old janitor.

“A hidden communications hub discovered by crewmen Blight, Juliana, and Zepar,” Motherboard explains. “As far as subsequent investigations have determined, Bludgeon’s spy used this room to relay tactical information to the Twenty-sixth Fleet, sending the messages through transwarp space via unknown means.”

The janitor points a thumb behind him.

>Krgk<- Second corridor on the left. Make a left, a right, then another right, then keep going for about half a mile. ->krgk<

“And… And you think I can use this to contact the Adjustant and/or Wildsong?” Gronius asked pointing to the cave, his tone full of hope.

“Thank you! Thank you so much!” she said as she ran away on the indicated pathway.

Motherboard nods.

“Crewman Zepar believes so,” she says. “However, it is also likely that contacting the Twenty-sixth Fleet would allow Bludgeon to discern our location, if the spy hasn’t leaked our heading to him already.”

The sanitation 'Con sighs as he watches Wildsong take off. He didn’t care if the Autobot lived or died; his position didn’t pay nearly enough for that.

Alarms begin to blare throughout the corridors of this sector of the Adjutant. The whole ship- the whole fleet- had witnessed Wildsong’s escape, and Obsidian was not going to let her slip away.

The hangar Wildsong had been directed to was an expansive rectangular chamber, packed with grounded dropships and fighters connected to refueling platforms as technicians piloting Siege Walker mechs carried large energon cubes across the space.

…It was also crawling with Air Troopers and their bulkier, heavily-armed cousins, who had all been placed on alert as soon as Wildsong’s escape from the execution room had been broadcasted.

“It’s her!” one Heavy Air Trooper barks. “Kill the vermin!”

The enemy wastes no time in deploying their weapons. Bolts of energon and hard light from all around the hangar streak toward Wildsong as the mechs drop their cubes, reaching for the four-barreled cannons stowed on their backs.

“I don’t care! It’s a small price for Song!” Gronius said, jumping into the place and trying to contact the New Order.

Wildsong hides behind some nearby containers, jumping from barricade to barricade -Energon tanks, jets, etc- as she tries to come closer and closer to the door of the hangar or, even better, to a side door meant to open into outer space in case the hangar doors weren’t opening (like those doors aboard our airplanes, with a big red lever that you push and the whole door comes out).