Salvation: Part II

The Sentinels block the shot with their shields. Some of them were beginning to pick up the bodies of their fallen brethren- the ones that could be salvaged, at least; the Devastator and Zepar’s savagery didn’t leave much of their victims.

The Sentinels halt and keep their shields raised, protecting themselves from the barrage.

SideStep would be able to manipulate the hologram’s size.

“Wait, you found the owner?” Sprocket replies. “Where are you? Where’s he? What’s he like?”

Greasemonkey looks around at the tiny drones.

“Where did these come from?” he mutters to himself.

Epsilon tries to transmit what his optic was seeing to Sprocket, “He seems nice enough.” He said before relaying the instructions the figure gave in regards to what can and can’t be taken.

Garand suddenly moved with surprising speed for his old age and opens fire, “Don’t just stand there!” He yelled, “Fight!” This was an order for all the Salvation crew in the arena that could fight.

Zepar opens fire on the Sentinels, trying to aim for gaps in their shields.

Just as quickly, those few became dozens, and those dozens turned to hundreds. In a matter of minutes the place was overrun with the things. Though they seemed harmless for the moment.

“Got it,” Sprocket says. “So… almost anything short of stripping the ship for parts.”

The Sentinels tighten their formation to protect each other.

“Oh dear,” Greasemonkey sighs. “It seems we have an infestation on our hands.”

The old cyborg taps the side of his head, activating his comlink.

“Flametroopers to Engineering, please,” he calmly requests, even as the swarm of drones rose up to his ankles. “Flametroopers to Engineering. It seems some pests have taken root in the engines.”

Terminating the comlink, Greasemonkey holds up his cane, twirling it in his hands. Conduits along its length flash blue as the shaft of polished black metal turns into a gauss rifle.

“Now then, in the meantime…”

1 Like

Garand and Zepar move in many different directions, firing blasts and using their wings to divebomb-slash at the sentinels but Zepar’s attacks were more savage, wild, chaotic as his greatswords danced like deadly leaves caught in a windstorm as he tried to find and exploit some gap in the Sentinels’ defenses.

“I guess that’s one way to put it.” Epsilon said to Sprocket on the comlink.

Small pieces of metal then began to fall from above, as the drones slowly picked at the engine systems. Dismantling it and taking the components back in a single file line to somewhere else.

He might also see a black and white autobot tied up in cables, being carried along by the small machines on top of the engines.

Split tried to have the blades go over the Sentinels and strike them from behind.

SideStep increased the holographic Sentinel’s height to be twice that of the Sentinels, before sending it charging at them, waving its swords wildly.

The Sentinels were vulnerable to attack from above, though they weren’t completely helpless. Some of them raise the shield generators on their arms and launch the cerulean energy barriers up toward the angelicons.

The Sentinels’ formation breaks, with many of them whipping around to deflect the blades flanking them.

Four of the sentinels throw their shields at the hologram’s legs. Others begin to re-assemble their fallen comrades.

“Understood,” Sprocket says, absolutely giddy at the prospect of getting permission to go poking around a working colony ship. It was almost enough to make him forget about more pressing matters at hand, like the fate of the cybertronian race…

Greasemonkey didn’t look distressed- just bothered, mostly. Of all the times for an infestation, this was most inconvenient. The Autobot cyborg begins to shoot at the swarm, warding them away from the more crucial components of Salvation’s six engines.

“Excuse me, sir!” he shouts above the gunfire to the drones’ captive. “You look like you could use a hand!”

1 Like

The autobot was too distressed to really answer. He thrashed back and forth, desperately struggling to escape his binds.

“Unhand me! I created you! I am your master! You will do as I say!”
He shouted furiously. The drones carried him to an exposed energy beam, intent on throwing him in.

“Very well,” Greasemonkey sighs, training his sights on the Autobot’s captives. In rapid succession, he fires a volley of shots from his rifle at the drones holding the Autobot.

He falls on to the engine and continues thrashing around, sending drones flying every which way. Until he eventually fell off and landed on the ground.

"You disobedient little scraplets! I’ll teach you what happens if you rise against me!’

Split grinned and fired his weapons at those who turned their backs on him.

The sentinel jumps over the shields and lands, swinging his swords at the four Sentinels.

Two more Sentinels are destroyed, leaving 14 remaining.

The four Sentinels dodge the swinging the blades, and hack at the hologram’s legs.

Greasemonkey walks over to the Autobot, shooting drones off the engines all the while.

“So this is your doing then, sir?” the cyborg asks him.

The machines fell in droves, only to be taken up by more soon after.

“Of course this is my doing! Do you honestly believe there is any other mind on this ship great enough to create something so brilliant? It’s not my fault they decided to revolt!”

Zepar releases a torrent of Dark Energon dragonfire from above at the Sentinels while Garand rose higher and shot at them from above with is own arm cannon.

Epsilon looked in his inventory for a spare comlink to give the figure.

Split continues firing his weapons and using his blades to distract the Sentinels. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7375, topic:49995”]
The four Sentinels dodge the swinging the blades, and hack at the hologram’s legs.
[/quote]

The Hologram staggers back and kicks at the Sentinels.

Greasemonkey scoffs and rolls his left eye.

“Please tell me you were smart enough, at least, to implement a ‘master switch’ for these bothersome things, sir,” he says. “Exterminating them one-by-one would be quite tedious.”

At that moment, various lifts open, and Autobots and Decepticons carrying flamethrowers enter the bay.

“Ah! Thank you for your swift response, officers,” Greasemonkey laughs, turning his attention to the flametroopers. “Please direct your weapons to the little drones dismantling our fair lady’s engines- oh, and do be careful not to ignite the fuel rods, please. That would… well, suffice it to say, it would make our current situation much worse.”

The remaining Sentinels are all cut down, hitting the dirt in a cacophony of metallic clanking.

The four Sentinels attacking the hologram are left standing, however. One is knocked over from the kick.

Epsilon had no spare comlink in his inventory, unfortunately.

“Not bad!” Split exclaimed. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:7379, topic:49995”]
The four Sentinels attacking the hologram are left standing, however. One is knocked over from the kick.
[/quote]

SideStep ran over and swung his axe at the Sentinel, trying to disable it.
The Hologram swung its swords at the three standing sentinels.

Zepar drops to the ground, growling at the Sentinels occupied by the hologram and tries to cut them down while they are distracted.

“Sprocket sounded pretty excited, I think you should go to him to make sure he doesn’t take anything he isn’t supposed to.” Epsilon said to the figure.

“What do you take me for? An imbecile? Of course I did. Untie me and I can put an end to this.”