Salvation: Part II

SIdeStep nods back. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8095, topic:49995”]
Forcep nods. Though our heroes were victorious, they and many of their allies had been wounded.
[/quote]

Spectrum smiled happily. “O-okay!” She chirped, ready to assist Forcep.

With things now at ease, Starchaser, Treadquake, and Fortress all returned to the Salvation.

Starchaser looked for that junkion shop she had heard about. There was some purchases she needed to make.

Treadquake went off to his quarters to lick his wounds and mend his weapons.

And Fortress tried to find someone who could repair his expensive injuries sustained in the battle.

Meanwhile Brieg entered the engine room.
“Greetings Greasemonkey. Do you by chance have any work I could assist you with?”
The zebra scientist said. Sounding suspiciously selfless.

@Chromeharpoon

Flyby leaves the bridge via the lift at the back of the room, leaving SideStep among the rejoicing gunners. One claps the Decepticon on the back.

“Hey!” he says, “that was some good shooting, Decepticon!”

Sprocket and Grommet were a few meters away, lying against an energon crystal. Both still had their weapons deployed, and seemed unable to stand. Still, they were alive, and not so worse for wear that they couldn’t spare energy to bicker at each other.

“If you had been paying better attention to your surroundings and spotted that rocketeer on the ridge, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” Grommet grumbles to his cohort.

“I didn’t see him 'cause I was busy keeping that other guy from ripping your head off!” Sprocket retorts.

“I could have handled him just fine by myself!” Grommet says, to which Sprocket scoffs.

“Oh, you could not!”

Thrift was still in the gorge, celebrating our heroes’ victory with Facelift and a few other crew members.

“Well, this is a welcome change of pace!” he sighs. “Nice to see Bludgeon on the back foot and turning tail after running from him for the past month”

“Indeed!” Facelift agrees. He gestures to the bodies of slain New Decepticon troops that now littered the ground around the fortress. “And he was kind enough to deliver me a generous amount of new inventory!”

“Uh… yeah, sure,” Thrift says, taking a step back. “You do that, my man. I’ll, uh… tend to my own, slightly-less-morally-dubious business venture now, if you don’t mind…”

Salvo and Halfrunner could be found dragging the two halves of the quartermaster’s mech to a repair bay.

Greasemonkey looks at Brieg from over his shoulder.

“I suppose I do,” he says, noting the zebra’s tone an raising his eyebrow.

Fortress hoped to catch them before they made it out of the hanger. Given his immense size, that was just about as much of the ship he could see, unable to fit through the exit.

“Excellent!”
Brieg said cheerfully.

Just then Brieg walked in, not noticing that Brieg was already there.
“Excuse me, engineer. I have some more parts I was hoping you could let me borrow.”
Said Breig. Sounding much more akin to what Greasemonkey would expect from him.

The two stop as they see Fortress enter, presumably via ground bridge.

“You too, huh?” Salvo deadpans, looking over at th giant’s mangled weapons and severed arm.

Greasemonkey closes his left eye and sighs deeply.

“Perhaps after you introduce me to your identical twin, sir,” he says.

“Affirmative.”
The giant replied.
“I am in need of repair.”

Brieg then looked at Brieg, having just noticed him.

“Oh! I see you’ve met my clone.”
Brieg said. Acting as though it was the most normal thing imaginable.

“Thanks.” SideStep replied. "You fellas didn’t do so bad yourselves, either.[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8098, topic:49995”]
Sprocket and Grommet were a few meters away, lying against an energon crystal. Both still had their weapons deployed, and seemed unable to stand. Still, they were alive, and not so worse for wear that they couldn’t spare energy to bicker at each other.

“If you had been paying better attention to your surroundings and spotted that rocketeer on the ridge, we wouldn’t be in this situation,” Grommet grumbles to his cohort.

“I didn’t see him 'cause I was busy keeping that other guy from ripping your head off!” Sprocket retorts.

“I could have handled him just fine by myself!” Grommet says, to which Sprocket scoffs.

“Oh, you could not!”
[/quote]

Spectrum ran over to them, scanning them to see what in particular was wrong with them.

“Or at the very least, it would be. I’ve been trying my best to replicate the decepticon technology, but my efforts have been fruitless.”
Brieg tapped something on a wrist panel, and the doppelganger faded away. Having apparently been a hologram.

OOC: Just wanted to make sure this wasn’t forgotten.

1 Like

Salvo assesses the extent of Fortress’s damages, declaring her verdict with a low whistle.

“Hope you don’t have anywhere to be for a few days,” she says. “Because this’ll take a while.”

Hm,” says Greasemonkey. “You and everyone else in the science division, sir, I’m afraid. Unfortunately, the Decepticons haven’t been inclined to share their secrets with us, even with the truce between our factions.”

The gunner nods appreciatively.

Both Sprocket and Grommet were unable to move their legs, and Sprocket had sustained damage to his midsection that prevented him from transforming.

“Due to my size, I am unable to leave this hanger. I am accustom to staying one place for long periods of time.”
Fortress replied.

“Say, don’t we have Shockwave on board? Perhaps I could speak to him.”

Gatecrasher, who was still on the ground, commed Motherboard.

“Motherboard, I like a ground bridge please.”

----‐------------

Darkside however, was entering Thrift’s shop.

“All the better, then,” Salvo replies. “I’ll get a team together, and we’ll have you good as new- hopefully before we run into the bad guys again.”

“Yes, I believe Shockwave is still with us, sir,” Greasemonkey says. “Our good captains gave him his own office laboratory next to Sprocket and Grommet’s.”

Darkside enters hangar thirty just as Thrift flies in through the aperture in his VTOL craft mode. He glides over to the refueling pad on which his ship, the Gambler, was landed, and transforms to robot mode.

“Affirmative, crewman Gatecrasher,” Motherboard replies. A portal opens up beside the tank, which would deposit him on the bridge.

“That would be appreciated.”

“Splendid! Well I know how I’m spending my afternoon. I’ll be seeing you around engineer. Thank you.”
With that Brieg transformed into his beast mode and trotted off to find the decepticon scientist.

He walks in, then off the bridge to his usual spot in the park.

Good, just in time he thought.

He heads towards Thrift’s ship, entering when he could do so.

SideStep turns and leaves the bridge, heading towards the nest that the spy had been using to see if anything had changed. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8104, topic:49995”]
Both Sprocket and Grommet were unable to move their legs, and Sprocket had sustained damage to his midsection that prevented him from transforming.
[/quote]

Spectrum began to work on them, repairing the worst damage first and moving on to the less severe injuries.

Salvo nods.

“Be right back,” she says, before scampering off to rejoin Halfrunner.

Greasemonkey nods as Breig departs. He could find Shockwave in the medical bay on deck three, tending to the injuries he had sustained in battle himself, with the aid of a blue-eyed diagnostic drone that buzzed around him.

The park was void of life, save for a few brightly-colored fish-like mechanimals swimming lazily in the pond. The secret room Juliana and Blight had discovered was monitored by a pair of of guards, and activity could be heard within.

“Hey” Thrift calls to Darkside. “Whatcha doing in there?”

Motherboard had managed to hack the access panel to the spie’s hideout in engineering, which had been cleared of debris by Breig. The door slides open as SideStep approaches, the noise drawing Greasemonkey over.

Hm… Bludgeon must have been planning this for some time, if he was able to have hideouts built for his agent during Salvation’s construction,” he muses.

Spectrum is able to get the two scientists up and moving again, leaning on each other for support.

“Thanks, little guy,” Sprocket wheezes. “Owe ya one.”

The colossal bot sat down and waited patiently.

Brieg transformed into robot mode just before entering the room.
“Hello. Hope I’m not intruding.”
He said politely.

SideStep glanced at Greasemonkey.
“Yeah, that’s true. And a problem. It could be literally anyone. Well, almost.”
He entered the hideout and looked for footage of the spy since he had last visited. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8111, topic:49995”]
Spectrum is able to get the two scientists up and moving again, leaning on each other for support.

“Thanks, little guy,” Sprocket wheezes. “Owe ya one.”
[/quote]

“W-w-w-welc-come!” Spectrum chirped. She looked around for another patient.

1 Like

Sigh… so much trouble. he thought, before sitting on his usual spot, and letting the silence surround.

“Looking for parts Junkion! I was told you might have some!” He replied.

“To intrude is to make oneself present where they are unwelcome,” Shockwave says, not bothering to look up from his dented armor. “No, you are not, at present, intruding.”

The hideout was small, and dimly lit. The glow of multiple arrays of monitors and power conduits snaking along the floor were the only sources of light. Many of their screens were blank, though some displayed live feeds from security cameras on the bridge, deck three’s medical bay, the bars in Little Iacon, and the Omega Conflux. Holo-projectors hastily set up along the walls displayed profiles of various crewmembers, among them the captains of Salvation and all of our heroes (read: the PCs).

SideStep
Decepticon
Alternate Mode: terran automobile (no known offensive capabilities)
Subject #432786 of sleeper agent project: Black Rose
(Test Specimen for improved neural network overwrite procedures- results inconclusive)
Weapons: axe, pistols, hologram projector built into cane (recently modified with Golden Age-era technology obtained on OL-2006-0-C…

Little Iacon was indeed silent, as many of Salvation’s crew were either elsewhere within the massive Fleetcarrier or still in the gorge. The only sounds were the grumblings of technicians within the spy’s hideout, the chirping of avian mechanimals echoing within the main hangar, and the subtle hum of the ship’s engines.

“You were told truly, my friend!” Thrift affirms, nodding his head. “But you’ll have to pay for 'em first.”

Spectrum’s commlink chirps.

“This is Salvo to all ranking medical personnel,” the quartermaster’s contralto voice announces, “there’s a big fella in hangar 2 who needs some patching up. Might wanna send a small team.”