Salvation: Part II

“Thank you,” said Garand.

“Anytime,” Halfrunner says with a smile. @BlackBeltGamer98

1 Like

His two shoulder launchers spark and crackled.
“D@mmit! I don’t need no weapons to take you down!”

He quickly got up and charged at Starchaser. Shouting furiously.

The slug ripped through her rear thigh. Energon spilling out in a large radius, and profusely leaking from the open gash. The force of the impact sending her whole body colliding into the ground. She roared in agony. Her cry was deafeningly loud.

Treadquake charged at the wounded dragon. He swung for a punch, but even in her agony Starchaser was still quick. She lifted and spun around behind the autobot and bit down on his shoulder. He shouted in pain as her sharp teeth sunk in. With her two upper claws she grabbed on to Treadquake and spiralled high into the air.

Greasemonkey and several engineers raise their weapons up at Starchaser as she flies.

“I will only warn you once, ruffian!” the cyborg shouts up at the dragon with surprising volume for his age and demeanor. “Cease this riotous behavior and release your captive, or my next shot will see you to the Allspark much earlier than our voyage’s itinerary intends!”

The other engineers had every angle around Starchaser covered, their own weapons at the ready. They were hesitant to attack, however, as their target appeared to have taken a hostage. Greasemonkey showed no such hesitation, however; his next shot would not miss.

1 Like

“Can’t shoot… She can’t control… Can’t blame!.. Not her!”
Broadwing desperately called out to whoever would listen as he flew up to reach Starchacer. He saw the madness in her eyes. He knew exactly what was happening. And he couldn’t let her get hurt because of it.

The dragon flew to the highest point she could, coiled around Treadquake. The autobot unable to move.

“Give me your worst beast! I’ve killed worse than you!”
He shouted furiously. Starchaser raised her head. Her jaws opened wide and a loud hiss came from the back of her throat. In one swift motion she lunged down and bit hard. His body seized in pain for a brief moment, and then fell limp.

While she was distracted, Broadwing managed to reach her. He attacked from behind, grabbing the dragon at the base of her neck with his claws. She thrashed and clawed at the decepticon, trying to get him off, dropping Treadquake in the process. The autobot falling far, far down, crashing into the floor below.

Despite her efforts, Starchacer was unable to reach Broadwing. He quickly jabbed his stinger tail into just behind her head, delivering a sizable dose of his venom.

The furious beast continued to thrash and shout, slowly growing weaker as the venom did its work. In short time she fell into stasis, and Broadwing carried her off into the dark recesses of the upper scaffolding levels. Hoping to hide her away until the others calmed down.
@Chromeharpoon

“STOP FIGHTING.” The combiner roared, his loud voice echoing across the walls.
As Broadwing scurried away, Split whirled towards Treadquake.
“Mind explaining all that?” He growled, considerably angry.
ooc: now I do, thanks.
Ooc again: Sorry didn’t realize you wanted me to edit that

1 Like

Treadquake remained motionless as Split approached. He had fallen a fair distance away from him. A splatter of energon visible beneath him. Likely caused by the impact.

Split sighs.
“Hello…?” He waved his hand over Treadquake’s face.
“Don’t tell me I need to drag you to the Infirmary. I’m not the cleanup person.”

When Split got close enough to see the autobot in detail, he would immediately notice that his head was gone. All that remained was a torn stump, energon leaking from the hole. Starchaser, had bitten it off.

Split reeled back in horror. “Primus almighty.”
He commed ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and Topside. “Captains, we’ve got a security threat running loose aboard the ship. Looks like a large dragon, and a smaller one accompanying her. We’ve got one casualty so far in the engine room. I’m pursuing the threat.”
@Chromeharpoon

“Negative!” Topside instantly replies, cutting off ■■■■■■■■■■■■ before he could get out so much as a word. “You stay put and wait for backup, Split; I’ll get a security team down there ASAP.”

“She’s not a security threat!”
Breig shouted as he walked over to where they were.
“She’s one of us. Just… Malfunctioning.”
He said the last part hesitantly.

“Besides, whatever happened I’m sure it’s not that- Sweet Solus Prime!”
He shouted in terror as he saw just what had happened.

Split opened his mouth to speak, but closed it.
“Yes, captain.”[quote=“MaximusPrimal, post:8632, topic:49995”]
“She’s not a security threat!”
Breig shouted as he walked over to where they were.
“She’s one of us. Just… Malfunctioning.”
He said the last part hesitantly.

“Besides, whatever happened I’m sure it’s not that- Sweet Solus Prime!”
He shouted in terror as he saw just what had happened.
[/quote]

Split glanced over at Brieg.
“One heck of a malfunction, then.” He coldly remarked. “She needs to be taken down, or out. If she hurts more crewmembers, it may have to be permanent.”

“Well… It seems she’s gone for now… Perhaps this will be the end of it?”
The scientist had to force the words out, as she struggled not to heave and throw up.

“Some malfunction,” Greasemonkey snarks. “Looks more like murder to me, sir.”

The cyborg kept his rifle at the ready, looking up at the rafters where Broadwing has carried Starchaser away.

A short time later, a door to a nearby lift opens to reveal Topside, his rifle deployed and a frantic expression on his face. Behind him follow six armed guards.

“Talk to me,” he says urgently to Split. “You said dragons? Could they have sneaked two more of those clones onto the ship?”

“Doubt it. Once a threat, always a threat.” Split replied.
He looked down at the body again.
“Besides, she already killed someone. That’s enough reason to at least imprison her.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:8635, topic:49995”]
A short time later, a door to a nearby lift opens to reveal Topside, his rifle deployed and a frantic expression on his face. Behind him follow six armed guards.

“Talk to me,” he says urgently to Split. “You said dragons? Could they have sneaked two more of those clones onto the ship?”
[/quote]

“They definitely weren’t clones, sir. They looked to be crewmembers. They knew this unfortunate bot.”
He motioned to the decapitated Treadquake. “They went off that way.” He pointed in the direction Broadwing and Starchaser had gone.

“Please. She’s… She’s not in control of herself. You can’t blame her for this.”
Brieg said nervously. Speaking to both Greasemonkey and Split. @meepinater

The decepticon had flown off into the high dark corners of the rafters, well hidden from anyone below. But, if Greasemonkey had seen the direction he took off, he would notice it was the same direction where his old nest used to be.

“Not in control of herself? She killed a cybertronian. That’s on her. What else could cause her to do that?”

Topside looks down at the body of Treadquake, a sigh escaping him before he turns to his guards.

“You heard him,” he says, gesturing up to the rafters. “Go!”

The guards begin to climb upward, one turning into an attack helicopter and rising above the catwalks. Topside turns back to Split.

“Just wanted to make sure you had some backup,” he says. “Not that I didn’t think you couldn’t handle it; it’s just that I…”

The captain’s voice trails off, and he tightens his grip on his gun.

“We’ve had enough action for the day; let’s try to avoid a little more, if we can,” he finishes.

Split nodded.
He split into his three counterparts, the brothers turning into jets and hovering up to the rafters.