Salvation: Part II

“Why don’t we form a temporary colony here? We leave some of our soldiers, some resources and let them explore here, and call us if they find something of importance, something that would give us an edge above the Autobots?”

Thunderblast raises an eyebrow.

“A tempting suggestion,” she concedes, “but I can’t imagine Bludgeon wanting to divert resources away from chasing the Salvation. Your former friends have him quite vexed, you know.”

“Slag Bludgeon. Would he really notice ten less soldiers?” she asked, trying to be as convincing as she can.

Thunderblast chuckles.

“We’d need a few more than ten to establish an effective stronghold, Wildsong,” she says.

“No, I’m afraid what few specimens we’ve managed to procure will have to do…”

“What if I organise the team for you, and then if it fails I’m to blame?” she tried one more time.

“Oh, but I can’t have that!” Thunderblast objects. “You’re far too important to risk Bludgeon’s ire, Wildsong.”

“Wait, what?” she asked confused.

“Well, there’s your experiments, for one,” Thunderblast says, counting on her fingers.

“Yes, Quasar informed me of your combiner project while you were away- fascinating, truly. In fact, I’m arranging for you to be transferred to the Adjutant; I believe we can find an application for your designs there.”

“Really?!” Song said, extremely excited, before coughing and holding her enthusiasm. “I–Uh… I mean thanks ma’am.”

Blight tries to diminish his sudden surprise. “Hi, sir!” he sputters. Pixel salutes.

“How are you?” Redstocker causally asked.

“Think nothing of it,” Thunderblast says with a smile. “The Vigilant is simply not the proper place to put your talents to use, I’m afraid. It’s a fine warship, but little else, unfortunately.”

“I… Understand…”

King-Quan noticed this and then reverted back at roaming around the board of Salvation.

“I’m, uh…” He paused. “…Fine. How are- are you?”

“I’m fine. Oh, I brought you this. As an excuse for me acting like a jerk with you the last few days.” Redstocker said, giving Blight the paper invitation to his fight club.

“Of course you do,” Thunderblast compliments her. “You’re a smart bot.”

OOC: Is he going anywhere specific?

“But I have one request tho.”

“Oh, um…” Blight stumbled, taken by surprise. “Huh. A fight club?”

“I mean not really, yes and now. I am calling together a lot of soldiers that I think have potential to a collective training, in which we just friendly fight outselves and try to teach us new techniques. So far it’s me, mister Alterion, miss Delta, miss Juliana and mister Scorchlock, a Wrecker.”

1 Like