Salvation: Part II

Many of the glyphs had been broken or weathered away by time and the shifting of tectonic plates, but the aura of green light that filled them made them easier to read.

The Prime and divine light cyberglyphs could be seen on the surface, along with what may have been the individual crests of the Thirteen. Wrapping around a glittering band of water was also the all-too-familiar phrase:

“The light of the Allspark shall illuminate even the darkest hours, and thwart the forces of chaos and evil, until comes the day when its children return to its embrace, and all are one.”

1 Like

Zepar opens a private channel on Angelicon frequencies that were near the frequencies of the Salvation with the captains. “Captains, I think I found somewhere to start looking.”

“And where would that be, exactly?” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ asks, sounding impatient.

Sidestep chuckled.
“Gotcha.”
He tapped the keypad. [quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6227, topic:49995”]
Halfrunner looks up at the face of OL-2006-2-C, whistling as he takes in the glowing rings adorning its surface. They were likely carved deep into the planet’s crust from orbit, by the powerful lasers that Knight warships were reputed to carry.

“Aye, that sure’s something to wake up to, alright,” the barkeep says.

“So this is where we’ve been trynna get to for the last month, is it?”
[/quote]

Spectrum pressed her face against the viewport, her words muffled in the glass.
“P-p-pretty!”

Zepar quickly explained Thrift spotted a patch of glowing glyphs visible from orbit that matched the text on the Key.

“Have you found the other ones? Shockwave, Scrapshot, Redstocker and Alterion?”

Song stops shooting at Hun-Gurr, hoping that the other would be able to deal with him. Instead, she starts shooting at Twinstrike with all of she got.

A round holo-screen appears above the keypad, asking for a password.

Halfrunner nods his head.

“Sure is a sight,” he agrees.

“Seems as good a place to start looking as any,” Topside says.

“I will have Flyby bring us planetside,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ declares.

Twinstrike barrels through the barrage, evidently more comfortable in his robot mode than his fellows, and slashes at Wildsong with a sickle.

Hun-Gurr collapses on the ground, forced into stasis by the combined fire of the scientists ganging up on him.

1 Like

“Redirect fire on Twinstrike! Now!” she yelled as she jumped away of the Predacon’s range.

Brainpan and the other scientists ■■■■■ their attention to Twinstrike, but are accosted by Windrazor, who picks up Brainpan and slams her into a wall, before bitting into the mad scientist’s shoulder.

Twinstrike lunges after Wildsong, swinging one of his sickles upward from the hip in an attempt to bury the weapon in her side.

Song rolls into the ground, once again assuming jet mode and flying in rescue of Brainpan, the damage made on her back by Windrazor not affecting her flight by much.
“What are you waiting for! I got her! You shoot Twinstrike down NOW!” she yelled over the speakers situated inside her cockpit.

Zepar nods, “I’ll wait for further orders.” He said.

“Oh, right. We’ll go grab them, sorry.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6235, topic:49995”]
A round holo-screen appears above the keypad, asking for a password.
[/quote]

SideStep frowns and comms Motherboard.
“Can you hack into something for me? I want to get into this keypad but it has a password.”[quote=“Chromeharpoon, post:6235, topic:49995”]
Halfrunner nods his head.

“Sure is a sight,” he agrees.

[/quote]

Spectrum nods in agreement.

“No, it’s OK. I go find them, as you all can go to the church.”

1 Like

“Alright, we’ll be there.”
The three brothers transformed into jet mode and flew as fast as they could to the Church.

Twinstrike transforms to beats mode and chases after Wildsong, but he is accosted by the scientists. Unfortunately, they’d find that Twinstrike would be a more challenging opponent to bring down than Hun-Gurr. The yellow predacon bathes his foes in fire spewing from his two heads.

Brainpan cries out as she wrestles against Windrazor’s grip, wrenching her shoulder free of his jaws.

Wordlessly, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ terminates the link.

There is a moment of silence as Thrift looks out upon the new planet, then around the hangar bay.

“Why wait?” he then asks. “You’re chosen by Primus or somesuch; you’re one of the heroes of this story. Be proactive. Pinball protagonists are boring.”

“…You do realize this isn’t a story, right?” Venture inquires, raising an eyebrow.

“Specify the keypad you wish to access, crewman SideStep,” Motherboard requests.

“So,” Halfrunner says, “you and the rest of your little band are gonna be heading down there soon, I reckon? To find the Omega Lock and all?”

“What is there to do without getting on the captains’ bad side?” Zepar asked.

“Well as long as you don’t blow up the ship, I don’t think you’d get on the bad side of Topside,” Thrift says, chuckling at his attempt at wordplay.

“Now ■■■■■■■■■■■■, on the other hand… well, I think he’s just got a lower opinion of anybody not wearing a Decepticon badge. Discriminating glitchhead…”

“Careful, hypocrisy is a very easy thing to fall into.” He said. He looks at the glyphs on the planet then to the hologram of the Allspark, a somber, worried look to his features as he remembered the stakes of this voyage.

“I was being hypocritical?” Thrift asks. “All I did was state an obvious character flaw in our dear co-captain.”

The hologram of the Allspark, hovering above a console on the edge of the refueling pad, showed that Primus’ life-force was faint. In a matter of weeks, he would die if our heroes couldn’t fulfill their quest.

Zepar seems conflicted. Seeing Primus’s Spark fading like this was making him feel this urge to move as quickly as possible to restore his health but he didn’t want to break rank and potentially end up making things worse.

Once again, the Blue Cybermatter from the Conflux came to his mind. If they could just harness it…

1 Like