Salvation: Part II

“What the frag?!” Scorchlock said with a snapping tone as he walked towards the Grenade and picked it. “You telling me I wasted my money on a godforsaken, shockwave experiment?” He asked as he glanced at his comrades. “I knew that one-eyed tech always sucked!”

“Well, we can’t just sit here around and do nothing.” King-Quan points out, as he glanced at the Sentinel.

Scorchlock’s hand passes right through the grenade- as if it wasn’t even there.

“What the-?!” Redstocker sputters, doing a double-take.

The sentinel stands before the door with its sword at the ready.

“Well, obviously not,” Breakswitch agrees.

Scorchlock’s expression changed from laid back to entirely shocked as he rose his metal-eyebrows up. “Ah, bolts…” He said as he looked around the place.

“Well, whatever that grenade did. It did something.” He mentioned as he glanced at the door. “Maybe…” He muttered as he walked towards the entrance, and he moved his hand towards it, hoping it would pass through the gate, rather than having him hit the solid object.

“I hoped it wouldn’t come to this…” King-Quan said as he stepped closer towards the Sentinel. His sharp eyes glanced at him before he withdrew one of his long energy bladed swords.

He pointed with it upwards, in the Sentinel’s direction. “I challenge you to a dual.” He declared. “Should you win, we will never return. However, if I win. You will grant us passage.” His tone took a sharp and serious one.

Unfortunately, the door remained solid.

The sentinel shakes its head, as two more of its ilk, accompanied by one of Hyperborea’s echoes, materialize beside it.

You would be wise to leave,” Hyperborea asserts, furrowing her brow. “Wiser still, to reconsider challenging a Knight of Cybertron.

Scorchlock was confused before he took a nearby piece of metal and glanced at Delta. “Catch.” He told her as he threw it towards her, he was testing his surroundings.

King-Quan shook his head. “I’m afraid I cannot do that.” He said, his tone holding no arguing. “The Cybertroniankind depends on that door which you are protecting.” He mentioned. “If I have to fight a Knight or sacrifice myself for Primus’ Salvation…” He paused before speaking again. “I will.

Scorchlock’s hand passes right through the scrap metal, preventing him from picking it up.

@meepinater

The echo of Hyperborea’s expression changes, shifting from a glare to a ponderous glance.

“…I see I have misjudged you,” she says. Lights on the door behind her flash green as the worn metal begins to split apart.

You are indeed worthy after all,” Hyperborea decides. “I grant you entry into this facility, and pray you do not betray my trust.

He glanced around the place. “Well…we’re screwed.” He said. “Whatever that grenade did…we can’t touch anything.”

King-Quan bowed his head down. “Should we ever betray you. You will have my spark.” King-Quan said as he sheathed his blade back and began to make his way towards the facility inside.

“Well, at least the walls are still-whoa!”

Delta cries out as she rests her hand on a wall, and sinks into it, a greenish-blue aura surrounding her figure.

Hyperborea and the other sentinels vanish in a flash of light, allowing King-Quan and the rest to pass.

“So she’s lettin’ us in? Finally.” SideStep grumbles.

“Indeed,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ agrees, as he and Breakswitch follow SideStep.

Zepar had followed the Splitter Brothers, gesturing Gronius and the pilgrim follow.

“Energon harvesters are nasty to those that get in their way.” Epsilon told Sprocket.

Gronius and Venture follow Zepar, admiring the art on display around the chamber.

The lift was wide and oval shaped, its floor adorned with the divine light cyberglyph:

Atlantis does not follow, remaining behind the group.

“Yeah I know,” Sprocket states. Of course he would.

“Megatronus’ armies used them as weapons in the War of the Primes. If you think cosmic rust does horrors to the cybertronian body…”

“You will not follow us?” Zepar asked Atlantis.

“One can only imagine the anguish of your very lifeblood being sucked out of you.” Epsilon finished, “Do you need a break? There’s something new outside I am curious about.”

Atlantis shakes his head.

What lies ahead, you must face yourselves. I cannot help you.

Sprocket shudders at the apt description. Not a pretty picture, that was.

Sprocket’s interest is piqued.

“New?” he repeats, raising an eyebrow. “What is it?”

Zepar nods, “I understand.”. He said “Be safe.”

He translates for Gronius.

“I’ll show you.” Epsilon told Sprocket, gesturing him to follow.

Gronius grumbles something as the doors to the lift silently slide shut.

Sprocket eagerly gets up to follow Epsilon.

“It is our test, he doesn’t want to interfere.” Zepar told Gronius.

Epsilon leads Sprocket to a window and points to the strange spire, “I don’t think it would be wise to approach it until we know what its function is; thoughts?” He asked.

Sprocket plants his face against the glass and squints to try and get a better look at the spire through the setting sun’s glare.

“Actually, I think I’ll have to get closer to it to get a better idea of what it is,” he says to Epsilon.

“You sure?” He asks, “We don’t know if it’s some kind of sentry tower and could fire on anyone leaving the ship.”

“Nothing’s shot at our search teams so far,” Sprocket points out.

"A-as far as we know, anyway.

######“Stupid comms barrier,” he mutters under his breath.

“If anything, this thing might be what just put us in a tractor beam,” he continues, explaining the shaking sensation the crew had felt earlier.