Salvation: Part II

Broadwing became much more nervous as he was surrounded. His tail twitched far more erratically. But he made no move to attack.

“Please… Cannot blame ber… Not her fault… Not in control… I understand… I can help her…”
He said frantically.

Topside frowns. Wordlessly, he orders the other guards to step back, and they comply.

“That’s mighty… sweet of you, Broadwing,” Topside says, retracting his gun into his forearm and taking a small step forward, “but if I’m hearing you right and your friend’s got troubles, then we need to get her to a medical bay. Someplace where she can’t hurt nobody- herself included. We got a lot of places like that on this ship, but this ain’t one of 'em, alright? And please don’t get too offended when I tell you Forcep’s likely to do her more good than you can; doc’s worked some miracles, 'f his record’s truthful.”

1 Like

Broadwing thought it over. Ruffling his wings nervously. He looked back up at the captain. His eyes full of fear and worry.

“Promise… Promise you won’t hurt her… And promise I can follow.”

“We won’t hurt her.” Thrust called up.
“I can help fix her.”

Topside nods his head.

“Forcep don’t make it his business to hurt bots,” he assures Broadwing, "on account of his profession being to fix up bots who’ve been hurt.

Heh… 'f these were different times, I’d bet ya he’d be up in the Primal Basilica with the Matrix of Leadership in his chest,” he remarks.

Broadwing looked back and forth at the two. He gradually eased up. Lifting up in the air and grabbing on to Starchaser’s long snake like body. He took off and lifted her out of the nest. Though given how much larger her beast form was compared to himself, he was having noticeable difficulty.

Lightshift and Vigor transformed to help Broadwing carry Starchaser down.

Broadwing let out an aggressive caw as they tried to grab her. But he quickly backed down and let them help.

The two jets helped guide Starchaser to where Thrust and Brieg were standing.

The Angelicons smile as they enjoy the calm and quiet atmosphere of the bar.

Topside’s guards attach an inhibitor claw to the comatose Starchaser’s chest, disabling her T-cog and weapons. Topside speaks into his commlink:

“Medical team to Engineering- one casualty under the main reactor.”

“You find anything 'sides the Omega Key out there, lad?” Halfrunner asks Zepar. “The way this whole planet’s been scrawled on with glyphs, I imagine the knights left a few more secrets around, am I right?”

“It’s possible.” Zepar said…he then sends Shadowraker out to see if there was anything of interest in the surrounding area, warning the captains that he was doing this on the comlink as he did so.

Some miles away from the gorge was the vault of ancient weapons Zepar had visited before the battle, it’s damaged towers and landing pads jutting at odd angles out of the forested slopes of the mountain in which it was built.

Shadowraker flies back and informs Zepar of this by pecking him on the head. “Oh, right…” He said, “There is one other place a few miles away.”

He gets on the comlink with the captains, “Has the vault been investigated yet?” He asks.

As Topside was busy, ■■■■■■■■■■■■ is the one to answer Zepar.

“What vault?” he asks, answering the angelicon’s question.

Zepar explains that he had seen a vault when he had first disembarked from the ship when they arrived on this planet. “…Could I borrow a cargo ship and a small team to check it out?” He asks at the end.

Broadwing carries Starchaser down to the floor. Gently setting her down. He transformed into robot mode and patiently waited for the medical team to arrive.

“Certainly,” ■■■■■■■■■■■■ says, in a touch of generosity that he had rarely displayed thus far. "A trove of ancient weapons would undoubtedly give us more of an edge against our enemies.

“…And failing that, our scientists would at least have a few more bits and baubles to keep them entertained, I suppose.”

The guards take Starchaser and carry her off to a medical bay within a nearby detention ward. The medical team Topside had summoned arrives shortly after, and the Autobot captain points them to Treadquake’s body. The bots pick up the corpse, one transforming to a transport to carry it to Salvation’s morgue, while the rest begin to clean up the area.

Meanwhile, Topside turns to Breig, his eyes burning with fury.

“I hear you had a hand in this somehow?” he growls.

1 Like

“Garand and I will meet them in the hanger.” Zepar said, leaving Halfrunner the Shanix and a tip for the drink, Garand doing the same. as the two Angelicons began heading for the hanger bay to meet up with the vault team.

Epsilon shrugs, “Eh, may as well.” He says as he gets up and gives Halfrunner the Shanix he owed for the drink.

In hangar thirty, a team of technicians readies a cargo ship for departure at ■■■■■■■■■■■■’s orders. It was a boxy Autobot craft, with much of it’s construction being devoted to a spacious hold, above which was perched a small cockpit. It had six barrel-shaped engines that were currently inert, and fuel lines attached to their sides pumped liquid energon into the ship’s mechanisms.

1 Like