Salvation: Part II

Gatecrasher flew in closer. “Here climb on!”

“How did your chat with the Captains go?”

Zepar didn’t even bother to transform and clambered onto Gatecrasher.

“Hold on tight!” Gatecrasher suggested, and he began a gentle decent to the ground.

OOC: they’re already on the ground.

IC: Zepar tried to contact the woman from before again.

“We were interrupted. We couldn’t talk.”

OOC: oh sorry.

“Oh, too bad” said Gatecrasher, expressing his concern. “when do you plan on trying again?”

“Well… As soon as I see him again I’ll try to pull him aside to talk to him.”

“Which, if I know you, will be never.”

“Wait, hold on. We barely stayed together for two hours, and suddenly you act like you know me.”

“You don’t stay alive as an officer for 50,000 plus years in the Decepticon army without learning to read people.”

Sure.”

“look, I could tell by the way you first acted when I suggested this, that you didn’t really want to do this.”

“Yeah, me too,” Flyby sighs, leaning against a rock. Soon, Motherboard joins him, transforming to robot mode mid-flight and sliding onto the cliff.

The comlink only emits a steady buzz of static.

“Well, I am right here,” Topside says humorously, pointing a thumb to his own chest.

1 Like

SideStep stands with the main group, as do the splitter brothers.

Gatecrasher snorts. “Well, Song, here’s your chance.”

(@Toa_Vladin)

@BlackBeltGamer98 @meepinater @ProfSrlojohn @Toa_Vladin

Those of our heroes outside could see nothing but mountains of grey stone as far as the morning fog would let them see, decorated with rich veins of blue energon and patches of tropical, techno-organic foliage. Like the mechanimal life, the plants were unlike any known to exist on Cybertron and the colonies. The sun was continuing to rise slowly from the east, sending shafts of orange light shooting between the peaks.

Salvation continued to cruise ahead, and now these heroes could see her six engines propelling her along, each aglow with immense, glaring masses of purple-blue plasma and producing a barely-audible rumbling sound.

Thrust grinned.
“This is the most beautiful thing ever.” He said.

“Yep,” says Topside, “I’m inclined to agree.”

Topside rises to his feet. He was a brawny Autobot with an automobile alt-mode and white armor accented by black and red stripes. An accomplished captain in the Autobot navy, he was known for the confidence he inspired in his subordinates; but the brave face he put on was also a mask to hide the toll the chains of command took on him. Salvation’s voyage was his toughest yet.

Nearby was Flyby, a blue Decepticon who served as Salvation’s pilot. Despite his odd and immature nature, he was the best pilot the Decepticon navy had to offer.

…He performed his best when his ships were actually working, though. He winces as a quiet BOOM! echoes up from the fog-concealed canyon below, signaling the end of the ill-fated shuttle.

“Eh, those things are cheap,” he says with a shrug. “Not too much of a loss, if you ask me.”

“Let’s just hope there’s nothing important in there when it went off.” He said.

Thrust raised an eyebrow, but said nothing.
SideStep chuckled.