Samleren, the Mask Hunter

Once again gazing through the mask of Dimensional Gates, one can find this strange being. Appearing at a glance to be a massively overgrow member of the Bohrok Va, this individual, going by the name Samleren, can be found stalking underground caves or exploring ancient ruins in search for Kanohi Masks, specifically rare ones.

No one is sure why, as he is unable to wear the masks himself, and Samleren although intelligent refuses to say why… or to say anything at all! Although one theory is that his search rare and powerful masks inadvertently brings him into contact with worthwhile foes to fight.

In the few encounters with the toa of his dimension however, Samleren is respectful. Only sparing to gage the Toa’s strength and leaving, usually giving them the mask they were fighting over as a prize for holding their ground against, or beating him.

This guy was a blast to design, even though it took me almost two weeks. And I can’t wait for my Bricklink order to come in with all his pieces and make him for real! Also, when I removed his armor to verify there are no connection issues, I uncovered this cursed image.

Enjoy

EDIT: Someone has pointed out to me that my hands here are the same design as these so shoutout to them! I probably saw their design and did the same thing because they are a good design!

26 Likes

Very neat! The head design is great, and I like the use of Crotesius helmets for kneepads.

Interesting figure and I love the mysterious backstory you gave him.

Try using metallic silver instead of pearl light gray when rendering, it comes out looking much nicer.

Cute name choice, because “Sammler” (with two m) actually means “collector” in German :smile: . And attaching an “-en” at the end is the definite article in other Germanic languages, that is, in the Scandinavian ones.

So he’s technically named “The Collector” (of masks). :wink: I don’t know if that was intentional on your part or not.

2 Likes

You nailed it! Good eye

1 Like