Samurai Jack

More like jack slaughters everything without mercy

1 Like

I am absolutely ecstatic about this. Iā€™ve actually been binge watching Samurai Jack waiting for the reboot. Hereā€™s why:

1. Itā€™s freaking Samurai Jack

2. Putting it on [AS] will definatelylive up to the original

3. If it were on CN, it would probably be a watered-down excuse for a reboot, such as Star Wars Rebels or Teen Titans Go.

4.I can finally watch it without my mom getting ticked, since I will have moved out by then.

5 Likes

One thing me and my friends realized as we were discussing the return of Samurai Jack, and itā€™s move to Adult Swim is that it will probably be more violent. In the original series: Jack was mostly fighting robots and slicing open their fuel lines and spilling their oil everywhere, because it didnā€™t have a mature rating. The shows creators originally wanted Jack to fight people (or at least organic beings) and have there be blood on the battlefield, but they had to settle for oil. If itā€™s on Adult Swim, it may receive a mature rating and weā€™ll see Jack fighting less robots and more flesh-and-blood villains.

Iā€™ve had too many cartoons with watered-down violence nowadays, Samurai Jack will provide a nice balance for my appetite. Some brutal Samurai Jack when Iā€™m frustrated with classes or work, Some Bionicle: Journey to One when Iā€™m in the mood for, whatever itā€™ll end up being, Some My Little Pony when I want something lighthearted and fun, and I can pop in DVDā€™s of Avatar: The Last Airbender when I want a mix of all those.

5 Likes

ā€œLong ago in a distant land, I Aku the shape sifting Master of Darkness, unleashed an unspeakable evil. But a foolish Samurai Warrior, wielding a magic sword, stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time, and flung him into the future, where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past, and undo the future that is Aku!ā€

ā€¦and yes, I recited it with no problem.

7 Likes

Man I canā€™t wait for this show to come back :smiley:

ā€œGotta get back, back to the past with Samurai Jackā€

2 Likes

'aight so

I see some new images came up recently

anyone see em?

if not here

have a bloody jack and his armor

shown off at some film festival a few weeks ago or something

oh and his bike

now apparently itā€™s some sorta reboot, but still basically goes like 50 years later, Jackā€™s back,

on a bike fighting droids and some new guy whoā€™s called ā€œHakkuā€

so on

this is said to have 10 episodes and the series creator really wants this to go get a film

canā€™t wait for him to fight Aku again

8 Likes

Has anyone here been reading the Samura Jack comicsā€¦yeah I hope some story elements from there pass down to this show.

Wonder who will voice Aku now that Mako is not with us.
Thats some big shoes to fill, that voice and laugh were very distinct and failing or succeeding on that end with the choice of the voice actor is gonna make a huge difference

So what are they going to replace Aku with Hakku, that might work if it was done properly and that might fix the issue I just said above.

Also, out with the Ronin image and in with the samurai image, this is visual progression. As much as I liked the Barbarian King look of old Jack, I much prefer this look instead.

2 Likes

Oh also for more hints at how the series is and for those who want to see behind the scenes

2 Likes

https://mobile.twitter.com/ToonamiNews?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^news|twgr^author

Confirmed for a release date on March 11. Rated TV-14 as well.

1 Like

HOLY CRAB

4 Likes

Meh, I want actual content. Teasers bore me.

1 Like

Hey guys, a full trailer just dropped!

4 Likes

That was an awesome trailer.

Freaking Azula now serves Iroh, the Master of Darkness.

Apparently, dude doesnt age, there is a lot more blood (stabby stab stab stuff), Samurai talks a lot more, there is more story driven episodes, Aku has vixen assassins, Samurai and guns, the animation is spot onā€¦,Hnnng I want this series NOW.

Imagine if a Samurai Jack minifigure (or a nod to the character) ended up as one of the mistery minifigures for the Ninjago Movie Collectible Minifigure series, I could see Jack being as a nod easter egg character for that movie.

3 Likes

I might get called an edgelord for saying this, but Iā€™m really happy that this new season is going to be more gritty and violent. Iā€™ve honestly hated the recent trend in some films for the need to be dark when itā€™s not really necessary. But for Samurai Jack, it couldnā€™t be more fitting. I watched the show for the first time back when I was about 6 or 7, Iā€™m now 17, nearly 18. Time has passed since the kids like me watched it, theyā€™re mostly grown up by now. Now I donā€™t want a gross gore fest in Samurai Jack, but seeing that TV-14 rating in the corner just makes me feel right at home with this new season.

4 Likes

Just to be honest, the grittiness and violence isnt too much (and frankly its tame compared to other stuff), its just the right amount for the show. Its the amount the creators intended for SJ from the start, now they actually have the rights to show it all.

3 Likes

IGN has a spoiler-free review for the first episode of this season and it looks to be as awesome as we hoped:

1 Like

I need a link for the episodes that is free. Not reviews.

1 Like

If any link is even available right now, itā€™s pirating. Frankly, I would like to actually support an official streaming rather than pirate because I would like to show support for quality shows like this so they can keep being made.

4 Likes