Samurai Mixels

Remember this guy?

You better remember him, he had an amazingly awesome mech.

Well, I decided to build him some buddies

I’ve had these built for a while, just never posted them. Anyways, I have no names for them yet, so suggestions are appreciated.

First dude:

He has two katanas for fighting Nixels, like so:

I actually really liked how this guy came out, very mixel esque imo.

Second dude:

This guy is a bit more meh, I was running out of Metru Blue pieces I think. Doesn’t have any weapons, but he does have clips to hold them.

Uh oh. King Nixel has arrived in his mega Nixel mech. How are they going to stop him. For story purposes, Erikku does not have the giant mecha pictured above.

Gimmick Time!

insert anime combination sequence

They combine to form a thing.

Anyways, to cut a long story short

I’ve been bored recently too, so if any of you have any suggestions of Mixel themes I could make, suggest away. I’m not running out of mixel eyes anytime soon.

So, thoughts? Critiques? Name ideas?

Enjoy!

41 Likes

Your mixel eye fetish has evolved.

I like these guys. The combination is lit.

2 Likes

first guy seems like his neck is too far back.

second guy has an um cough peculiar hand location cough but feels like a mixel the most.

third guy does feel like you were running out of parts tbh.

Otherwise not bad. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thanks!

Yeah, the first guy doesn’t really move his neck too much because of it’s placement. He’s also smaller because of his mecha too.

Second guys is definitly fun.

And part shortage is fun too.

Thanks!

Your drill will peirce the heavens!!!
Seriously though these Mocs are great.

1 Like

I never bought any Mixels in my life, but I would buy these…

[spoiler]I love 'em to death! Very creative and wacky. I love the uniqueness and character each has and the metru blue color scheme really works for them all. I also appreciate the Mixel Max feature; it summaries the whole point of the theme.
Awesome job!

(P.S. Have you though about releasing instructions for these?) [/spoiler]

1 Like

Yep, the combined mode features a resemblance to Gunmen. Thanks!

Thanks! It’s not a true max, as it doesn’t combine two mixels with partsfroming or anything. The ball socket on the arm guy connects to the mixel eye ball on the leg guy.

And I haven’t thought about releasing any instructions,and I most likely won’t. Maybe if I were to make some more mixel tribes I might release instructions for those.

2 Likes

I like how the second guy connects to the eye of the first guy
These do look like they would be actual sets though
Cool mocs as always :thumbsup:

I’m getting tired of the eyes, I’m going to get some shut-eye (I’m sorry for the joke)

1 Like

Would be way cooler if there was a way to put the third mixel on the top to look as a head…then it will look something like this:

http://www.■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■-01.png

3 Likes

It’s unfortunate that there wasn’t another dark blue tribe; the color works wonderfully with the orange. Other than that I love how wacky and creative these all are, namely the stumpy proportions of the third.

2 Likes

I would buy these if they were officially released. I think the guy with two swords should have a name like ‘Katouble’ (a mix of the words ‘Katana’ and ‘Double’ since he has two Katana) or maybe something ironic to the fact that he has 1 hand and two swords. The combination gimmick is awfully clever. Really like that. I do agree with the other suggestion of making Erikku be sort of a head, but the head that you formed from the two adds to the cleverness, so I’m in the middle on that. Really good job.

Thanks!

Yeah, definitly some Gurren Lagann inspiration in there. Unfortunately it’d be quite a bit of trouble to try and incorporate Erikku in there.

It’s unfortunate that the line ended imo. Thanks!

Thanks! I’ll think about that name idea, and the same thing I said to Teslaeffect about Erikku applies, more work than it’s worth imo.

Really happy to see the Mixels community’s still here and still creative. I like the combination model as well, not necessarily sticking to the original mixing format, but still looks good and is certainly creative.