School!

In English we’ve been listening to season 1 of this podcast called Serial. It’s actually pretty interesting.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of that one, isn’t it supposed to be pretty dark?

1 Like

At times

1 Like

This was a pretty popular topic when it was active. I’d be surprised if I was the only one to see it.

1 Like

Topics get brought back with shocking frequency here. That is anything but a limitation.

3 Likes

Yeah, this is a “spurt topic,” meaning that it’ll get 100 posts in a few days, and then none for a few months. It’s similar to the Relationship topic.

Anyways, higher education is cool, but I don’t really think about it too much. I just know that I really don’t want to go anywhere in my state.

2 Likes

Hey congrats man!

I guess it’s all up to what you want to do with your life that determines your thoughts on it. I know plenty of brilliant people not pursuing a higher education, and many idiots certainly going that extra mile :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m from a town where college is almost second nature to everyone, so next year I’ll also be going off to a university halfway across the country. I think it’s a fantastic opportunity for those interested in doing so. It can grant you independence, life skills, and many social skills as well. Also, this is just personal, but despite some of the challenging classes I’ve taken, I’ve never been pushed to use all of my mental capacity. I’m eagerly awaiting college to kick my butt

7 Likes

Congrats man!

So by “college” are you referring to CÉGEP?

3 Likes

I got accepted into (community) college.

I still need to take my placement exam though.

And give my transcript.

And graduate.

3 Likes

I don’t like English class. Mainly the teacher, which bleeds into the content.
I love Science, Algebra II, and History.

My teacher banned so many word that I can’t use in my writing class. Like I get words like “got, walk, pretty” those words have better words you can use. But words like “was, is, are, were” words like that. What am I going to use to replace them.

2 Likes

Indeed. I’m going into a graphic design program in CÉGEP next year. hype

Ask this guy:

:wink:

7 Likes

I was talking about the was, are, and is words.

1 Like

Okay, yeah, I see what you mean. So your prof just doesn’t want you to use basic verbs?

Yes she wants us to be more “descriptive with our stories” But how am I going to make a story without using basic verbs?

2 Likes

I think teachers do that to encourage kids to “use more descriptive/precise verbs”. But I get ya, it’s incredibly difficult.

2 Likes