School!

I realized something at school today.
The hallways are like a tide in the ocean; They pull you in, push you around, and suck you in.

Seriously, iv’e tripped over like 5 kids in the hallway.

5 Likes

Meanwhile I start school college in a month or so, and made it so my classes end by 1.

2 Likes

I know that feeling, trust me. Back in middle school, I always had to go through a crowded intersection after my study hall to get to my next class.

Since my high school has around a thousand in the freshman class alone, this year is gonna be just as bad, if not worse for me. :hushed:

2 Likes

How many kids are there total in your school, because that seems like way too many kids for one grade

I might have overestimated. But there’s about three middle school’s worth. Each class has around 300, give or take. So, my middle school was big, and my high school is massive, in scale and attendance. It’s been compared to a university in size. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, mine is pretty big too. It has over 2,500 students and I think it’s the largest in my home state

Mine’s probably the biggest, too. What classes are you looking forward to? I’m pretty hyped for Japanese, Theater, and Art.

Well, school’s back in for me. On the first day we already had a load of homework and half the teachers don’t even seem to care to introduce themselves or the class. English AP/Honors is abhorrent, the teacher makes getting an A/93% impossible unless you give up most of your free time to constantly read books out of class at home and write papers on them in addition to the homework you already have, effectively making it useless to take the class as you can’t get the higher gpa. You can’t get full points for some work if you aren’t finished within a minute of class starting and I come from the other side of the campus so I’m pretty screwed all things considered. The geometry teacher is pretty great, easy going and doesn’t really bore you. Art is fun, though it has a ton of homework, which makes no sense, but whatever. I could go on but put simply I really dislike half my classes either because I hate the subject or the teacher just isn’t someone I can get along with.

Add that to the fact I just moved schools and know nobody there and you have a recipe for mentally killing me. Did I mention waking up at 5:30 am to catch a bus where I have to sit on the floor because they decided to have one bus pick up 2 bus loads of students? Yeah… rant aside, I hope others are/will have/having a better year than me.

1 Like

I’m kinda excited for school this year. I finally go to school with High Schoolers instead of Middle Schoolers, despite being a Sophmore cos Utah is weird. Especially pumped for Medical Anatomy and Web Design.

2 Likes

Ayy, I’m taking Web Design too! It won’t be until second semester though, since it’s in the same slot as my art class, and it’s a semester long, as is Web Design.

1 Like

I’m taking it second semester too!

resounding high-five

Cool! I’m excited for both it and 2D Art, so that my artwork becomes less scrub-tier and I can actually draw myself an avatar or something. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Oh, and Photoshop. That’ll be fun.

I don’t start my senior year of high school for another month, but I’m pretty sure I know what my classes are going to be. I have normal English, AP European History, Pre-Calc and AP Physics 1 all year and then I have semester long classes of CAD 3, Web Design 2, AP Computer Principles, Sports Marketing (because there were no other classes I was interested in), Computer Game Design and AP Psych (? as I can’t quite remember)

1 Like

Thankfully I’m a guy, because this:
The new principal in my HS has been… very aggressive in enforcing the dress code.
I think she called around 50 odd people to her office. In her first month.
Or at least, that’s what I heard, but I believe it.

3 Likes

Last year at my MS, the dress code was rather strict as well. However, they did allow hair dye. Either that, or they just gave up on enforcing a ban on it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I’m entering freshman year in High School and thank God the dress code is better than in my Middle School. They only allow collar shirts, no logos, no stripes, nothing. Only single-colored collar shirts. Apparently it’s because they say:

“We don’t want students coming to school wearing t-shirts with designs on them because it causes other students from participating in class. They’re distracted from learning and focus on the ■■■■■.”

Which is the absolute stupidest idea I’ve ever heard. Assuming that all the students went to school with unique designs, it’s pretty dumb to say that people would be staring at each other’s shirts. Besides, I wouldn’t know why they don’t allow single-color t-shirts anyway.

This is also particularly funny because they allow custom and specially designed backpacks which cause a lot of distractions. They even had a yearbook contest about the best backpack.

12 Likes

Now that’s just flat-out crazy. I wouldn’t be able to survive that place, especially since 97% of my shirts are graphic tees.

5 Likes

I couldn’t do that.
I have, like, three outfits that work with that.
Three.

I have 4 shirts that I’m allowed to wear, there’s also a t-■■■■■ I’m allowed to wear but only because it was my team ■■■■■ when I went to a competition in Cal-Poly. So I have 5 shirts.

One ■■■■■.

Each day of the week.

I use them as rags now.

3 Likes

Tomorrow I start my Senior Year. I just finished my summer reading work for AP English and got my schedule and locker yesterday.

Speaking of schedules, my school is cramming another class period in the new schedule so there are eight classes instead of seven. Luckily Seniors get to leave early this year since we have been grandfathered into this schedule.