Scorch/Plasma

Slizer Designation - Scorch
Throwbot Designation - Plasma
Biome - Magma Caverns
Equipment List - Plasma Cannon
Heat Dissipation Shields
All Terrain Treads
Standard Energy Disk Arm

Mobile Slizer/Throwbot Platform designed for high temperature environments with rough terrain.

More Photos:
Flickr
Bricksafe Gallery
Brickshelf Gallery

Happy Throwvember… again I guess? Also inspired by MSEP’s really cool Slizer revamps. Really wanted to use the torso from my Trinuma again, along with wanting to build something not so humanoid, hence the treads. Had a ton of fun with the colors on this one, felt like they really popped well. Plan was to give it a blank orange throwing disk, but figured I’ll post it now before the month ends.

Constructive criticism welcome!

27 Likes

Where are the treads from

4 Likes

The torso has no right to be this clean

Excellent work; the aesthetic on this fellow is fabulous

5 Likes

Love the cordak rocket use as both structural and aesthetic incorporation

4 Likes

@Kamoranova5 They are from a Mars Mission set released in 2007; Claw Tank, or something like that.

3 Likes

Yep, what @GBailey46 said. Here’s a Bricklink link to the set. The sticker on the visor is also from that set.

I honestly love building with it, which is odd since it’s really just a modified Inika Torso so you would think it’s kind of limited with the number of connection points. Trying not to overuse it too much though, don’t want all my builds to look the same or to stagnate creative growth. Glad you like the aesthetic!

Thanks! I really wish we got Cordak missles in more colors, they’re a really nice part that I love to work with.

4 Likes

Ah this Slizer moc looks really nice! Everything here is executed quite neatly, particularly the shaping, mechanical parts, and color scheme. Real good follow-up to Dive/Whirl.

4 Likes

I really like this one, too. Again, the aesthetic is immediately recognizable; not quite as much as Dive/Whirl because of the treads, but it’s still obvious. Besides, City/Turbo was a highly nonstandard build, too.

The colour scheme is a great pick as well. The two colours go together very nicely.

5 Likes

Thanks, glad it was a good follow up!

I’m glad I was still able to capture the Slizer/Throwbot aesthetic despite the deviations with the treads! Yeah the color scheme was very striking when working with it, I’m glad it looks nice in the photos too.

3 Likes

I hear my name

4 Likes