Scorian Demon, Creature of Fire (Update Reply)

This is a Scorian Demon, an element creature of Fire. This one started with me trying to work a MOC with red as the primary color, but after a handful of failures later, I finally created this one. While the name is still a work in progress as I get more into naming my creations. I am very pleased with this one, because my focus was the dark red parts. The silver armor was my first second color choice, but the gold was introduce when I was inspired by Hfmasters Fire Drone MOC. The feet were a block feel, as I was trying to go with the idea of this creatures feet be more molten stubs of feet. While they are not there yet, for now I am happy with them.

So with the adding of gold, I used it on my large hand design. With standard alien arms with fang/claws, finally in dark red, I added Tahu chestplates to bulk up the armor, and finally added Ekimu shoulders to the forearms to fill up the area.

the feet I based of of HfMasters’ Fire Drone MOC, but with some difference that worked for my MOC better. But can check out his build here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7QUAykU8X0

front view of them closer

so I had fun with this part of the design, because at one point I was happy I used a Quake Beast Jaw piece for something other than a bad jaw bone. But then I added more flame pieces from Ikir, and you might make out the part of the wings in there. Also, added little smooth 1x1 dots in a few spots to help blend the gold into it. Like is some metal that can withstand the heat this creature creates.

I am pleased with how this one turned out, and hopefully I can get more dark red, and silver parts to expand on this one, but only time will tell. Thank you for checking out my MOC. Hopefully I will post more monster MOCs that I have built. Till then, keep building,

51 Likes

pretty cool! don’t know how I feel about the silver in his body, that’s my only complaint, the rest is pretty Hot!

(I had to type that…)

This looks really nice, reminds me of the robot-president from the Astro boy movie. :+1:

The addition of the flames are really cool.

The guy is one FIRE! The colours are perfect! You can feel it’s intensity and heat just by looking at it!

This, ladies and gentlemen is what the Lava Beast should’ve looked like.

Awesome work!

I really like the turn out here. The flames jutting out the back are a great addition and the foot design is nice, too.

made the most of the snow and sunny day to make an outdoor photo shot. so got took Scorian out to see how the sun would effect the trans-parts, and I think it showed it more on fire. also made little changes to feet design, some color changes and parts arrangement. enjoy the update, laters

5 Likes

I love the creativity here! Looks really sweet! Especially diggin’ the back and gauntlet hands.

2 Likes

I always wanted to see someone/do myself make a demonic hellspawn with that mask!

Good job!

1 Like