Seldren, the Last Quadarii

There was a day that I wanted to make a 4-armed MOC (after buying “Speeda Demon” from the HF Breakout series and saying, “This guy looks silly”). I decided to work off of Speeda Demon because I discovered some interesting action poses utilizing the 2nd pair of arms mounted as they were. Of course, this guy did evolve into his own original figure. So now, BEHOLD! Seldren the Quadarii.

Seldren was born to be a warrior. Even as children, the Quadarii were born strong, agile, and sharp in instinct. But like any real warrior, natural abilities only pay off in application when refined with training and experience. Seldren grew up training to be a warrior, and he learned well enough. But it wasn’t until he experienced the loss of his race that he truly pushed himself to become the best. With eternal youth granting him plenty of time to train, he has become an unstoppable force on the battlefield.

Seldren is very strong compared to other mortals in Auldome, but he uses his strength to be swift rather than a heavy fighter. While he does wear armor for critical protection, he keeps it sparse in order to permit quick movement. As much as his armor doesn’t cover, any blows on vulnerable areas below his head would have to be incredibly major in order to slow him down. His skin is tough and he has high pain tolerance as well as heavy adrenaline in combat.

Seldren has learned how to fight with a wide variety of weaponry, but he prefers to fight with 4 swords. Trained from birth, he is incredibly well coordinated with all four arms as well as his powerful legs. His fighting style is centered around parrying and blocking while waiting for the briefest moment in which to strike hard. With an extra pair of arms as an advantage, Seldren can be quite unpredictable in combat.
(Check out his complete backstory here Seldren, the Last Quadarii.)

Okay, if you’ve made it this far, let me go ahead and say this: I’M NOT SHORTENING HIS NECK. It’s supposed to be long. Maybe it shouldn’t be that skinny, but if I make it any shorter, his head can get in the way of his extra arms (as shown).

Playing around with this guy made me expand my imagination on how much articulation this guy should have if he was flesh and blood. It also helped me develop his character as an epic warrior.

So, yes, Seldren has an extra pair of arms. These extra arms have the same amount of articulation as his normal arms. However, these arms have an extra point at their “jointed shoulders”. Basically, he can swivel these arms up around his head to bring his extra blades around to the front.

One other weird thing: His head can swivel up to 270 degrees. Yes, he can turn his head around to look behind him. (If that sounds silly, do some research on owls.) This helps make him an even better warrior because he doesn’t have a blind spot. So attacking him from behind won’t make much of a difference, especially thanks to the extra pair of arms already back there.

17 Likes

The head looks… awkward… No offense, but I think that this solution is not the best and does no justice for the neck.

2 Likes

Ehh…

His neck is extra long and skinny, and I’m not a fan of his chima boots. His extra 2 arms kind of look slapped on, to be perfectly honest. I realize you intended for those arms to swipe upwards at his shoulder but it’s awkward.

3 Likes

The head looks odd, but you definitely have some creative poses here. I also like the torso construction.

2 Likes

Definitely can see the Speeda Demon influence in here. Looks like a very much improved form of him. Good work mi amigo! :smiley:

1 Like

Looks great from the neck down, and pretty good from the neck up, but the neck itself needs some major re-adjustment.

2 Likes

Looks good, but kinda looks…Feminine…

Looks groovy from the neck down.

2 Likes

As everyone else said. The neck.

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

inb4, everyone mentions the neck…

the only things I don’t really like are the lower legs and feet. other than that, epic

1 Like

How so?

Glad you like the rest of him. Do you dislike the lower legs cause of the space around the front?

lol With the sweet basket hilts they make working with those blades, how can one resist?

Thank you! I’m glad you liked the backstory.

Thank you! I’m glad you liked the backstory.

1 Like

6 Likes

yea, it’s pretty much the gap where you can see the CCBS and the how the HF foot/Armorplate looks

1 Like

The head looks alright, but the rest of the MOC is amazing!

1 Like

It’s weird that he wanted to kill two breezes. Guess he likes heads. XD

1 Like

I like the design, but that neck though

Ek neck, great backstory, great MOC.

2 Likes

Sort out the neck and he’ll look a lot better. Like the colour scheme, overall build and backstory though. Nice :thumbsup:

1 Like

Necks a little long but I really like the legs!

1 Like