Self-Moc: Innodence II

@Ekorak thanks for the feedback. I’m going to put some work into color blocking this week to at least add some contrast between the silver and black. being a toa of sonics, he’s sorta doomed to a drab color scheme, but I may find a way to introduce some light blue into the mix as highlights
I’ve been working on divorcing him from the mask recently and even drew up a rough draft of the main mask I mentioned in the flavor texts between images. hopefully I can do some learning with shapeways to make it a reality, but let me know what you think.

I’m still not fully satisfied with the shape and I can’t quite put my finger on what it is. it may just be the lack of texture on the lower cheeks. what do you think?

@legomaster1378 I think I may have come up with a solution involving metru chest pieces to replace the nuva chest pieces, I’ll keep you updated if it works out.

2 Likes

Pretty good, but the perportions seem a little awkward at some places.

1 Like

@Sciencegiraffe
I think I mentioned as much for the legs:

not sure what else would be disproportioned, would you mind being specific? it would really help in making this moc better.

Just the torso can look a little strange from some angles. Not much, but just a little bit. Plus, the lower arms kind of stick out weirdly.

@Sciencegiraffe yeah, the baraki shells definitely have to go, I’ll try to find some sort of fix that I’m happy with. especially in the back. I’ll have to work on s technic construction of some sort that still provides stability for the upper back.
as for the arms, I may have a sort of fix or two involving bohrok eyes that could at least cover up some of the gaps. I can probably get away with making some much needed refinements in that area.
thanks for lending your eye I really appreciate the feedback! =)

Edit 8/1/16: looks like the bohrok eye fix for his elbow is viable, but it only helps when his arms aren’t bent outward, so I’ll keep working on that. his lower torso is still in the works.

@legomaster1378 the metru chest idea didn’t phase out that great, so I’m going to keep looking into something for a fix or fiddling around with the placement. as for color blocking, the lower legs are now free from light grey in favor of black and the upper legs have been dimmed to dark grey and silver along with some black parts in addition of the installation of a metru leg shell in the back to cover it up some. I was also able to find one black axel-pin so he only has one blue thumb right now. the lower torso is still in the works, so hopefully I can get that sorted.

@Ghosty : I found some trans-light blue bohrok eyes, but only four and with a catch: they’re in two different shades of light blue thanks to 2006 shade transitions =, so I can only use 2 until I put in a bricklink order.

2 Likes

It’s my pleasure friend! It’s great to see that you’re putting so much care and effort into your MOCs! Really looking forward to the future iteration. :smiley: BTW, when it comes to responding to feedback, I recommend using our quoting feature. It makes conversations much easier to follow. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@legomaster1378

Alright, thanks! hopefully I can remember to do this in the future.
I may be able to cover up the back of the lower legs with the metru chest, so hopefully that fans out, it’ll take a few weeks to get the parts for this and other projects. I can only really moc three afternoons every third week, as well take pictures on a separate but similar rotation. in the meantime, I’m going to look into formulating a bricklink order with all that I need.

1 Like

Not much that I can find wrong with it. It’s very silver. Good job.

wip progress for any interested: still a ways from being fully fleshed out and I’m considering other colors. got a lot of parts coming in this next week. also, hurrah, no blue pins

@legomaster1378 I’m still waiting on an order of black pins to com in for the hands, so don’t fret too much, also working on finding a few more black parts and experimenting with metal blue as seen behind him. tried making textures alternate riged and paneled on legs to match arms. let me know what you think!

4 Likes

Thanks for following up man! I really like that light trans blue! And the legs are looking much better! Looking forward to that next update. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Much better really staring to dig the Moc now, love how solid it looks. You could try to use the glatorian fist pieces as hands instead, might work better.

1 Like

Maybe custom hands? And make the connection of the elbow a bit better.

@legomaster1378 Thanks, I’m still working on how to block the trans blue around, but I’m still waiting on a bunch of smaller 1x1 tile elements among other parts.

I’m pretty satisfied with the legs too, but there’s definitely some quirks to work out with the attachment point and keeping them in place, so I’m going to keep working at them.

here’s a look from the back

thanks! i’ve been working on him as much as I’ve been able to so hopefully it only gets better.

changing to glatorian hands actually wouldn’t work with how the weapon is made, as the weapon slides right up next to the connector and attaches via axelpin and 90˚ connector attached to the axel (which is supported by another axel as a backing when in shortened form. additionally, I’m just personally partial to these as it harkens back to the mata days – see pohatu having two fingers to each hand. I’m still waiting on some elements I ordered (silver 3x5 w/elipse platearms, chima 1x1 studless plates, exo-force arms, etc.).

I’m still testing out different orientations and color blockings, I’ll update as I get more parts, including some blacks and silvers for color blocking and some trans blue and white for accenting among other things for future projects.

@AwesomeJoel27 I don’t think custom hands are going to be high priority. I don’t particularly like the look of exo-force fingers in particular, especially on a moc with this sort of rounded and ridged bulky aesthetic and doesn’t quite match the proportions I intend for. I can’t think of any small custom hand designs in silver at the time, but I’ll look around regardless and see if any pop out to me.

the elbows on this moc are a little gappy at some angles and I have had success in filling them out at some angles (I’ve got one other idea for improving, but it would overall hurt the poseability of the elbows =/ ), but in terms of stability, it’s actually more stable than the simple ball-to-socket joint at the shoulder as I think I’ve mentioned previously. if you have any thoughts on how to make the elbow connection better, let me know, I’m sorta at a standstill in terms of that front.

<><>

Thank you all for your feedback, I’ll see what I can implement and update when I can.

3 Likes

Nice biology textbook :wink:

The legs are certainly looking better, though those old grey TECHNIC… things (really have no idea what to call them) are an eyesore. Can I assume you’ve got some black ones coming in that BL order?

1 Like

yup, 211 this fall, reading ahead before I return to college level biology.

you mean the 3x5 quarter elipse half lift arms? im getting silver ones and black ones from canada and germany respectively. if you’re talking about the axelpins, those are white and yes I’m getting black ones from czechoslovakia too if it’s too much of an eyesore as well. until i get those I’m putting off the final touches to the back of the upper legs and lower legs to see where color blocking is needed. it may need more trans-light blue, which is still being experimented with as well.

update: nearly at a point where I can call it version VI, a lot of color corrections made and to be made, putting in new orders soon to finalize and dive into the next five projects. I may only have time to complete one extra before college starts up, but I’ll do my best

feel free to make suggestions regarding color blocking or structural/aesthetic concerns. I will be sure to address them as soon as I can.

2 Likes