Set Accuracy In The BIONICLE Movies

The other three films had things that made up for the lack of action: Epic music, brilliant voice acting, memorable characters, a good story, interesting animation.

TLR, I don’t recall any of that.

Uh… just… wut? :stuck_out_tongue:

All the BIONICLE movies had some pretty darn stale line delivery.

Edited title -legomaster

5 Likes

I’ll agree on the music and animation style but that’s about it.

TLR had good voice actors; they’ve done good performances in other works before. It may not seem like that as they didn’t have much to work with. The trilogy had good voice acting as well, though there were some… .quirks here and there. Onua’s voice always bothered me.

As for story… Yes, in some cases, but I think people’s nostalgia oversells them. Looking back, all the movies are just different levels of “okay” IMO.

(For those curious, I rank them as LoMN, WoS, TLR, and MoL.)

2 Likes

The only voice actor that I thought fit was Mata Nui; I didn’t like anyone else’s voices…

The Hordika looked nothing like they did it set form; just look at their’ arms!

I enjoyed Ackar and Metus’ vocal performances. Everyone else was bland or annoying.

Strakk’s voice threw me off the most. In the comics, he always sounded like that snarky, sarcastic, cold-cut humour guy. But in the show he’s russian for some reason.
Wait a minute… the main antagonists are all black, the one controlling them is white, and the first antagonist introduced has a russian voice.
TLR racist propaganda confirmed. 10/10

17 Likes

there are some subjects that are offensive and not to be brought up, that might be one of them.

Also I assumed Russian Strakk was more of… idk… a thing on how Russians live in extremely cold weather

3 Likes

It’s sarcasm, JMP. Controversial topics like racism are always touchy and difficult to bring up, but there’s no harm in simple humour, and is not intended to be taken at all seriously.

2 Likes

Of course…

TLR was actually about a white midget claiming leadership over an African tribe and using it to conquer Europe, only to be thwarted by a magical shaman.

It all makes sense now…

13 Likes

… well…

… then what does that make the other tribes…?

actually let’s return to set accuracy…

2 Likes

Obviously they’d be various European nations. For instance, the Jungle Tribe would be Ireland.

1 Like

that doesn’t make sense?

It’s not supposed to…

http://www.spacecadet9.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/homer-simpson-crazy.gif

1 Like

I’m just going to put this out there, but the sword fights in TLR all looked the same. It was always someone flailing their sword the exact same way as someone else flailing their sword while the other combatant is using their shield to block. Just saying…

1 Like

It was still better than tahu sticking his sword in the ground, and doing absolutely nothing.
Seriously, TMoL had action scenes.

2 Likes

Am I the only one who’s annoyed at the fact that the thornax fruit from TLR were balls of energy?

4 Likes

I’m annoyed by the fact that the sets never had proper ways to store the ammunition for their various launchers. The movies fixed that for the most part.

2 Likes

By making them generic unexplained energy balls?

It’s better then having giant spiky head-sized fruit that Glatorians are able to conjure out of thin air.

1 Like

you know this argument is probably the closest will will get to back on topic

1 Like