Setting up a Light-Box?

A lot of the more professional looking photos of MOC’s tend to have a solid white or solid black background, depending on the color of the MOC itself. I’ve got some stuff I’d like to display, but I have no idea how to properly set this up. If you are someone who uses a setup similar to this, could you give me any tips on how to make something like that for myself? If I can get this done soon I’ll be uploading Lego creations again.

3 Likes

Well, I know from experience that two lamps one on each side helps with lighting…

1 Like

Also you want to have one on the top, helps keep the lighting even.

4 Likes

I have a standard room lamp but also a single LED lamp with an adjustable stand, would those two things suffice? The room lamp has several bulbs I can move around, but it gives a warm glow, not a white.

It could work yes, it wouldn’t be as good as a proffesional light box but if you did it right it could suffice, best choice, two brightest on the sides and have the box positioned close to underneath a light that is above it, be it a ceiling light or taller lamp, if you have windows also leave them uncovered if you feel the light isn’t bright enough, that’s my setup in most of my current pics.

for the background you can just use one large sheet of paper/cardboard like this:

for the light, natural lightning is usually better (at least from my experience)
otherwise a lot of people seem to use the two-lamps-on-each-sides thing, i’ve never tried it but i guess it seems effective?
thought lamps with ‘‘warm glows’’ aren’t good for pictures

4 Likes

Right now I am incredibly lazy and just set up two lamps on each side of my build (with a white background behind) and take pictures that way. As for the ‘warm yellow’ lights, these are incredibly easy to deal with; most computers have built-in photo-editing programs and under color settings you can change the temperature of your photos. By pushing it towards cooler colors the photo will not retain the ugly ‘warm yellow’ color.

2 Likes