Shortcake!

Physical recreation of @MooCowsRock’s bat from the Bat Creation Service!

BCS Drawing

This is that exciting bat-related news I mentioned before! I’m very proud to announce the beginning of the Bat Reconstruction Project. I plan to physically rebuild every single bat ever constructed from every user who made one. I’m also going to create physical models of all the Bat Creation Service bats.

I love the bats to pieces and it would make me so happy to see them all together at once, and that’s exactly what I plan to do. I have no idea how long this’ll take, likely several years at the very least, but I’ll remain committed no matter what. Shortcake marks the first entry in this project, and I’m sure it won’t be long until a few more bats come and join her.

That’s all for now!

13 Likes

just when it had faded from memory…

The color distribution of the original BCS drawings looks like it might become a thorn in your side, based on how the metru red turned out in this MOC. The leg colorization is good, the waist and forearms leave something to be desired. (I think you should be able to make her pelvis fully dark red, minus axles.)

I’m not really a fan of the Metru shoulder chest either. On top of the shaping on the bottom just not looking great, the top gives the illusion of a much larger bust, which feels like a deviation from the BCS style. Though I’m not sure what would be the best solution - creating a much more petite bust with an Inika shoulder, or completely discarding it and using a furry add-on piece reflective of the original chest designs.

3 Likes

Already accounted for, I specifically drew the BCS stuff with physical building in mind. I just never realised how expensive size 4 CCBS shells are in dark red, which is why her arms look the way they do :confused:

If I ever get any I’ll swap them out.

2 Likes

very nice

shortcake’s a bit of a standard looking bat, but it’s nice to see one more in line with the original thee once in a while

oh no

4 Likes

cordax you already knew about this

4 Likes

oh yeah, I do remember you saying something like that

whoops :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

More bats is always a good thing

I like the colours here

4 Likes

yay their back!
this looks really great, i like the use of kalmah parts on the arms!

3 Likes

Why would you want them too? They are awesome and unique.

4 Likes

can’t a man be melodramatic in peace

(I don’t actually dislike them)

7 Likes

You did translate her very well. The main thing missing is the crown and maybe a bit more red in the legs would be more accurate, though I am aware that that is kinda limited due to pieces.

6 Likes

I do plan on adding the crown! I have the perfect piece laying around somewhere, I just need to find it…

6 Likes

Love the moc, can’t wait to see more. On that topic, I’d offer too show you building techniques I used on my bats to help on your journey, but unfortunately I have since moved away from my Mocs and don’t have access to them. But, if I remember, I’ll try and take deconstruction pics the next time I have access to my Mocs

Also, as a former member of the bat brigade, I’m glad to see our founder back in the business of physical bat mocs, and this project has my full support! I vow to post on every one of your bat mocs from here on out. Now, go get em!

4 Likes

Lovely to have your support! The bat brigade is back in business :relaxed:

Speaking of which, I think Cauliflower’s going to be next! I’ve recieved a very essential Bricklink order…

By the way, what do you mean by ‘former member’? I didn’t think you ever left!

6 Likes

I think I said that by mistake, I remember thinking it was a weird thing to say when I first wrote that message, I must’ve just forgotten to correct it. That or I made the assumption that the BB was technically disbanded. Either way, thanks for pointing that out, lol, and yes I’m definitely still part of the BB!

3 Likes

I log back into the boards after three months and I see this.

2 Likes