Should I take apart my hero factory stuff?

I’m not sure what to do I like some, but some I could care less about. Should I do it for the greater good of mocing?

1 Like

Eh… keep the sets you really enjoy built, take apart the ones you’re a little more indifferent about. That’s what I do. :stuck_out_tongue:

-Mesonak

4 Likes

I’d say keep together the titans like Rocka XL and Fire Lord and take apart the smaller ones you don’t care about.

Wow meso, that was fast lol but I like most of them but I see the value of the parts in them for making better mocs, and I’m low on parts lol

Not a fan of Hero Factory so…

I’d go with what Meso said. I only take apart my sets that have broken pieces.

Yes, just yes!! The HF-sets themself are not very good but the parts/pieces can be usefull.
When you keep the instructions its not bad anyway. :wink:

Do what meso says, but if youre running low on (for example gold) parts its nice to take a few parts off the set and keep it built until eventually there isnt enough pieces to keep it standing.

2 Likes

DON’T KILL THEM YOU CANT!!! PLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ PLEASE DON’T DO IT IT IS THE END OF THE WORLD! just don’t OK?

This is a question only you can answer. Will you get more enjoyment out of them if you keep them together as sets or taken apart and used for MOCs? I take all my sets apart because I’m a serious MOCer. Even sets I really like come apart because I never know when having that extra two bones or detail parts will mean the difference of a design I’m trying or not having enough to do what I’m considering.

If you enjoy collecting the sets more, having them on display and/or don’t MOC much keep them together. Personally, I’d take what you have shown apart, because there’s plenty there for me to work with along with what I already have. If that’s all you have as far as sets and parts, maybe keep them together? Its all about how you enjoy them though.

Why not?

You shouldn’t underestimate HF in terms of the sets. The parts are what many consider the only good thing about HF. I personally think its the best aspect of HF. Its in some ways much better for MOCing than Bionicle ever was. My theory as a MOCer is that the two balance each other out. HF makes up for bionicle’s short comings, and vise versa. You might be surprised if you got some sets and tried working with them. @IllustriousVar seemed pleasantly surprised by them.

Edited for Double Post - WajKnight

3 Likes

I never really got into Hero Factory. It really annoyed me that they never seemed to leave a certain group of heroes to see another team of heroes with different personalities. And the villains where extremely under-developed, which is a problem with me, because I love the villains.

I don’t mean I’m not a fan of the pieces. The way they use it on the new BIONICLE make it looks pretty cool. I mean is that I’m not a fan of the idea of Hero Factory. The way they manufacture heroes instead of a person becoming a hero just didn’t stick well with me. I did get interested in it during the Break-Out era, but it quickly faded away after Brain Attack. Never got any of the sets, though, due to me wanting to save up for the computer I’m typing this on right now.

I do plan on getting the new BIONICLE sets, and I do plan on using the Hero Factory pieces on them to MOC with.

As for taking apart sets, I only usually take them apart due to A) Broken Pieces, or B) The desire to MOC with the pieces.

2 Likes

[quote=“Chronicler, post:11, topic:752”]
I never really got into Hero Factory. It really annoyed me that they never seemed to leave a certain group of heroes to see another team of heroes with different personalities. And the villains where extremely under-developed, which is a problem with me, because I love the villains.
[/quote] This Sickens Me.

1 Like

You can always rebuild them after taking them apart, so the decision is yours. Depends really how badly you want to MOC with those parts…

3 Likes

…uh…why exactly does that sicken you?

-MT

hero factory being torn apart. its like “hero factory we tear apart heroes to make weird looking mocs.”

1 Like

…isn’t Lego all about taking things apart to make your own creation?

Think of the Lego movie. Lego’s at it’s best when creativity runs free. It loses something when it’s restricted to only being the one form that the instructions say it should be.

(and after all that sentimentalism I need to wash my mouth out)

-MT

5 Likes

What sickens you? I was stating my opinion, and where I come from, it’s a freedom that I have the right to have.

4 Likes

Who said that they would look weird?

7 Likes

No no no no keep the heros alive.

1 Like

Where did they get that chest plate in a shade of green other than lime?
Is it a knock-off?

It came in the Joker Ultrabuild from 2012. He probably scrubbed off the flower print to get it to look plain, but if not, maybe it was from a knockoff.

1 Like