Should Nexo Knights have continued for more time?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

I never really hated Nexo Knights, but I never bought any of the sets.

3 Likes

I liked it since it introduced a lot of cool pieces… but I ever only bought Ultimate Clay.

1 Like

Having watched the show front to back, it isn’t really bad, but it doesn’t have nearly the potential to continue on like Ninjago has.

2 Likes

^
Absolutely this. I kinda hope we have another line like this. I’m a sucker for scifi fantasy type stuff

3 Likes

Well given Lego’s track record.
Ninjago: Semi modern ninjas with an entire season taking place inside the internet.
Chima: Mystical animal people with big arse war machines.
Nexo Knights: Sci-fi robot knights.

I mean, they don’t line up perfectly, but there are definitely similarities to be drawn.

2 Likes

Next series should be holographic pirates

3 Likes

Better. Space pirates.

3 Likes

Or Space Police? 4

1 Like

The TV show was funny,but there was not such action like in ninjago. And I only watched The TV show I think 3 or four times.

1 Like

Even if it was a good theme, it wouldn’t have needed to continue longer. The designers were clearly running out of ideas near the theme’s demise.

1 Like

yes, They were really running out of ideas

I always found action in Lego shows kinda goofy due to their noodle arms. Ninjago’s fights always were really funny to me.

1 Like

Remember the fight between Morro and Lloyd? That was funny!

2 Likes

Actually, it would be more like:
Ninjago: Elemental “ninja” warriors who lives in a semi modern world. (the whole Rebooted season did not take place in the internet, that was only in like one or two episodes.)

Chima: Anthropomorphic animal people with powerful war machines that is powered by mystical energy crystals.

Nexo Knights: Sci-fi medival knights whith power armor and small robots who fights against an army of evil, magical monsters, with the aid of a holographic wizard and technomagic.

1 Like

Fair enough. Though there still seems to be a definite trend. Lego likes to take a classic mystical/magical kind of concept and give it a spin.

1 Like

I mean… Nexo Knight could have worked if they toned down the comedy and made the knights more technology focused than technomagic and gave the villains more magic, thus giving a better image of technology vs magic.

2 Likes

I never really cared about the story, but the mechs and robot horses were great.

2 Likes

Me neither, but they looked cool.
Just wasn’t very interested in the characters or story.

that’s one of the things i’ll give Nexo Knights. It had good ideas but it didn’t do them well enough. especially when the monsters starts to just come off as being rather weak as the series continues. The fact that the Lava monsters continued to live on after Monstrox no longer was trapped in his book form and turned good might have sounded great, but personally i would have liked them to do more with the idea. Heck, just imagine if one of them like say Magmar, Lavaria or Moltor decided to become a knight. That could have been an interesting story idea.

Another problem is the part of Jestro turning good again at the end of the second season only to become evil again for season 3. Personally he should have stayed evil from the first year to the second year.

Another thing i will give Nexo Knight credit for is the idea of the Tech Infected army, which is an idea i really like. Though i hope the idea for them is that they are infected citizens of Knighton rather than just monster made from technology. It’s way better when you’re evil villain brainwashes the people and turns them into their own forces, thus preventing the heroes from doing too much harm on them out of fear of killing innocent people who are forced to attack them against their own will. It even have a great story opportunity by possibly having Ava, Robin, King and Queen Halbert and the other characters we have seen in the show, all get turned into cyber monsters under Monstrox’s control.

2 Likes