Simple builds: henchmen/minions

So as some people might’ve guessed, I’ve recently acquired a good sized supply of Bionicle parts (as shown by the recent mocs). Funny thing though is that while I was going through them I found two very similar, partially built, simple builds (I’d gotten two separate supplies of them at differing times). Both with the same feet.
So I chose to finish them up and then had the thought of how evil minion like they seemed. That combined with an also large amount of the same feet I somehow acquired prompted me to build even more of them, necessary for if I ever get that stop motion series started, ending up with these fellows being made!

So I’m kinda thinking of having them be made from experiments to create a loyal (and disposable) sentient rahi/Bionicle servants, done by my main villain, a Makuta (and I know it’s cliche), that I’m also working on.
Kinda thinking of having him be this semi-incompetent/lower ranked one, sure he’s dangerous but not the most, and having these guys be from his failed/beginner experiments, his ‘successful’ ones having been mainly distributed to other, more important Makuta. Of course he’s kept at least one of his ‘proper’ specimens (which I’ll build) but for the most part he has these guys, all with some kind of defect, from possible plans of their own to mental/physical deficiencies and otherwise.

Of course they’re dangerous, just a touch more incompetent than they should be and some may have… loyalty issues.
Problems other Makutas will not stand for (not that he really does himself).

So here they all are! Simple little builds, but effective enough for what they’re needed for!

===========

Minion No.1: Thresh

This guy’s more of a bruiser/guard/worker than anything else despite his… odd choice in weapons and bodies build.

Minion No.2: Pen

She’s also more of a guard than anything but she does have skills in stealth and combat, mainly just for handling multiple enemies at once and keeping them busy basically, less so with killing or defeating them, combat wise.
It’s why she’s usually used for guarding with Thresh

============

These two are actually the first two that inspired the rest. Also, does Pen remind anyone else of a penguin or is that just me?

=============

Minion No.3: Shard

This guy is going to have been one of his later attempts at modifying them, having been attempting to increase loyalty and such by rebuilding their brains… lets just say he failed for Shard.
They’re strong, fast, can pretty much tear through enemies. Unfortunately they’re a complete and total, easily sidetracked, idiot.
I mean, they’re looking at a tree and saying ‘pretty flower.’ instead of posing like they’re supposed to.

Minion No.4: Fel

One of the most loyal of the defects, but unfortunately also one of the weakest. O’ course she’s pretty speedy and can climb virtually anything but her own strength and frailty pretty much cancel out the benefits even with her claw gauntlets, both of which are bigger and sharper than Thresher’s.

===========

All henchmen/minions lined up

==========

Also, for some reason while I was doing this I had this random thought while messing around with the first two.
‘What if I put these two in a relationship of sorts?’
Oh sure, it’d never really come into play or or be that noticeable in the animations but I had this funny thought of just having it be a little background thing. So every now and again they might be seen sitting near each other’s in the background, holding hands, yada yada, and they’d never really be that far apart but other than that, not much, Oh sure, some stuff might happen in the animations, such as the Makuta starting to yell at them for sitting around and not doing their jobs during these breaks they’d be taking or, hey, might be highly protective of the other.
It also does allow for me to give them possible development and basically have them have their own plans for the future besides working for said Makuta.

I don’t know, but hey, there’s a picture, so, whatever.
If you guys’ve got any ideas/thoughts let me know.

10 Likes

Thresh has a serious lack of a chain scythe and a floating lantern.

Otherwise these are pretty basic Inikabuilds but they work well for what they are.

2 Likes

… and now I want to make these weapons… XD
Thanks. Glad you think they work well, just needed something simple so I could throw multiple of them together quickly for some basic villainous characters.
Now then, when the Makuta and other main start get built. Now those will be better builds, much better builds.

Mu-muahahaahahah!

he was making a league of legends reference

tipped can sound

1 Like

Pffft! XD
Still got to try and do it though! XD

Tresh: Why is a part of the face darker than the other? Also, He needs more dark green in his limbs, to match the color scheme. And the golden nails in his feet… You can use the full black foot pieces. And his weapons are placed quite odd.
Pen: Same problem with the feet. And he need a secondary color. Only black seems ugly.
Shard: Gosh! Those legs again?! Try to add more dark gray. You can use the chest plate from Tresh. And make his shoulders bulkier.
Fel: I officially hate those foot pieces. Maybe a black mask? I think he is the best of them all.

Gold nails are to identify them as the ‘beta/failed’ specimens, Silver is successful and black is… black is something that he’s tried to hide… also I own like fifty of these and barely any black or silver so… yeah.

As for the mask I’m pretty certain that’s just shadows from the light, I’ll check but I’m fairly certain there was only ever one colour of those pieces made.
Weapon design is being modifed but it’s more like he’s holding them than anything else, and sure, I’ll put more armour on him.

==========

Black worked for her, they’re all supposed to be pretty simple builds and their main colour schemes are supposed to be black and gray, brighter colours make them more noticeable and that’s also why so many of them are ‘failed’ subjects.

==========

The armours supposed to be all gray for him to make the mask pop out and be more noticeable, it’s supposed to really show for where his ‘defect’ is. As for the shoulder bulking, sure, I’ll get to that.

============

Hey I’ll try for that black mask idea, (probably going to just recolour the one she has on) as for her claw weapons… yeah I’m trying to fix those, just grabbed whatever weapon like pieces could find and thought might look good on her.

1 Like

Basic but I get the feeling that was intentional. I like them though

1 Like

Simple but they work

@RogueToa @SonicBionicleMaster
Ey! Thanks! Also, don’t worry, the ‘successful’ version of these guys is going to look a lot more detailed. =P

1 Like