Site Bugs: Rules and Guidelines

I’m getting a glitch with the post # bar (don’t know what t call it, but it lets you go to a specific post, and shows you what post you’re on), where it almost completely blocks the reply button, and instead of making me type in a number to go to a post.

My stats are pretty buggy as of now, take a look at “posts read”

That can’t be right. How have I given out 1.1k likes if I haven’t even read that many posts? :stuck_out_tongue:

I know it used to be higher… Not the most important thing in the world right now, though.

That’s just in the past week/100 days/something like that.

While the like’s number is all time.

I think.

I’m not entirely sure.

~W12~

1 Like

Two issues:

1. You know how you can close ads by pressing the x in the corner? That x has been appearing everywhere for no reason on mobile. Sometimes it even lands on my profile pic on the top of the screen. It is very odd.

2. I can scroll past the lists of categories and topics and into a void that is probably about 3 screens long. This happens on both pc and mobile.

Yeah, tis happens to me occaisionally. It varies in length. A long dark blue nothingness (though I’m guessing if you have the new boards it would be light blue?)

~W12~

For me it is white.

Hey.

I’m a complete newbie here so there’s a bunch of stuff I don’t know. I would appreciate answers to a question if anyone has time.

I’ve been looking up articles and found that sometimes the pictures do not load. Often these articles are from 2016 or older. Is the age of an article (thread?) something that would affect whether photos would load, is it something else with the page, or does it mean there’s a problem on my end?

Thanks

That usually means that the pictures aren’t there anymore. When people post pictures to the boards directly from their computer files, it creates a pathway between the boards and that picture in their files. If they later delete that file, or move it to another folder/device, the boards wind up trying to show a file that’s no longer there.

So usually, it means whoever made the post deleted the picture from their files, or moved it.

A similar thing can happen to files hosted on the internet – for example, if I were to link to an image on BS01, and then BS01 took down the image, it would result in an unloaded image.

Ah ok. Thanks for letting me know!

I can’t access the voting for the Artakha contest - is that due to my status as a new member (only just joined today) or a bug?

Not a bug, gotta enter 10 posts, read 50, and read posts for at least 30 minutes to reach trust level 1

Also, welcome to the boards!

1 Like

Glad to be here!
Also by “enter” 10 posts, you mean start 10 threads or comment on 10 of them?

Nvm, just ranked up to Level 1 a couple minutes after replying to this XD

Voted in all 9 polls

I don’t know if it’s just me, but backwards slashes function strangely.

When I type two slashes, only one actually shows up.
\

When I type three slashes, only two actually show up.
\\

When I type in four slashes, only two slashes actually show up.
\\

Was this done intentionally, and if so, why?

Because \ makes whatever is before it visible, and hides itself. It’s a trick for getting formatting to show up to other people.

So, let’s say for example I’m trying to tell you how to do strikethrough. If I type out the code for strikethrough, it just turns it into strikethrough
like so

But if I put backslashes in after each s, I can make it appear, so you can see how I made it strikethrough:
<s>like so</s>

And, using this trick to show you what I mean by “after each s”: this is what I typed up above.
<s\>like so</s\>

Make sense?

It’s easier than saying something like “type < s >like so < /s > without the spaces”

3 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks!

EDIT Mar 10 2021: Sometimes, I can’t look at the “new” topics section. Does anyone else experience this? Is it a bug?

The reply button isn’t appearing for me on certain topics. This is annoying because I want to post to “Introduce Yourself”. I also don’t know how to PM other users, which is why I haven’t asked a moderator directly.

If you click on someone’s username, a blue button that says “message” should be in the top right corner of their bio. I hope this helps.

Also, welcome to the message boards!

Thanks.

I’m not seeing the message button. Is there something wrong with my account?
Screenshot 2021-09-20 180204

Now that I think about it, I know why this is happening.

Since you are a new user (Trust Level 0), there are some restrictions on what you can do. You need to reach Trust Level 1 to gain the ability to send private messages.

Here’s what you gotta do to move up to Trust level 1.