Ska Music

I like some of the holophonics stuff, but to me personally, a their songs start to sound the same after while. Though, I do like their cover of moves like jagger.

Another good song

2 Likes

My girlfriend doesnā€™t like ska :fist::pensive:

ditch her/s

1 Like

Itā€™s okay tho she likes punk

Ska literally defined the punk scene in the UK, MOCing bird is right, its all or nothing.

(I donā€™t mean it)

2 Likes

Iā€™m talking about Green Day, Blink, Bowling for Soup kinda punk not Ramones/the Clash punk

Ok, thatā€™s valid. Butā€¦ alasā€¦ a shame to be sure.

Very true my friend. Very true.

@optimus_priminski what do you think of this

@EmperorDuckie I really like the sound of the song, its likeā€¦ big bandā€¦ skaā€¦ and coffee-house jazzā€¦ I was pretty impressed with those three styles mixing so well, this is going to my playlist.

1 Like

I try not to listen to stuff with themes like that, sorry

ok, good to know for future recommendations, thanks

1 Like

No problem, thanks for understanding

1 Like

@EmperorDuckie Here we go

2 Likes

Iā€™ll check it out later
@optimus_priminski Iā€™m so sorry I didnā€™t listen sooner :joy: Itā€™s pretty good but far from my favorite ska.

Just discovered this. I think itā€™s pretty cool

That has some pretty fun instrumentation, his voice style reminds me of the mighty mighty bosstones. Ah yesā€¦ checkered vans, it is a shame they are now onlyassociated with ā€œvsco-girlsā€.

Hereā€™s another good one

1 Like

Of course

I have hi tops that are black with checkered sides. Theyā€™re pretty fun

I have a pair of low-top white checkered travelers, it is such a shame that their reputation has been hi-jacked.

1 Like

Yeah, whatā€™s ironic is I hardly see vsco girls wearing them. Itā€™s usually their boyfriends haha

@TheMOCingbird

After discussing some kidā€™s shows with my siblings, the OC supertones performing as D.I.R.T. came up, I have been combing the internet looking for it with no success.

Do you know the name of the song they sang?

1 Like

I donā€™t think they actually sang a song, I think they just appeared as a cameo.