Skakdi Head Sketches

I actually draw plenty of Skakdi heads all the time, but these are my most polished ones. Fun to experiment with unique facial features, spikes, and mouth shapes that all of them have.

I never draw the rest of the body, because its way too complex and tedious for me. I sometimes design their weapons though.
Critique, improvements, and ideas are welcome.

36 Likes

I like top right and middle left, but they all look good and have distinct personalities.

How did you figure out where to shade for these?

2 Likes

I barely put any shading! :stuck_out_tongue: For the bit of shading that I do add though, I keep mindful of the individual dents and creases around the head, especially near the back/sides. Rule of thumb though; if there is something sticking up or out to the side, shade directly under it.

2 Likes

hm…

these female or male? As with most I can’t distinguish genders between types like these

1 Like

I wasn’t thinking about gender when I drew these :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

they could come of as female

could

it depends on what people think of each head. Or if they prefer a bionicle, gender-neutral-but-male-specific aesthetic for female Skakdi

2 Likes

I’d recommend giving them bigger foreheads.
They look cool though.

3 Likes

well the Piraka and assuredly the Skakdi race they were part of had a sorta triangle shape to their heads. Though maybe that could help it, but I think these are abit accurate

3 Likes

Yee, more are on the way.

Gave them genders, suggested by @JMP .

Imagine if you got these guys in the place of the Piraka…

11 Likes

There’s an interesting style here that I like, kind of ghostly spirit-looking.

3 Likes

Thanks @NoCashValue!

Here’s some more. They are very fun to draw actually :smile:

Imgur

3 Likes

Anything in particular that makes the face male or female?

1 Like

Not really…you just get a certain gender vibe…it’s hard to describe…
I imagine them speaking in both a male and female voice and see which one suits the face best I suppose…

5 Likes

neat! they look like bad guys :slight_smile: a little bit scary as well…

2 Likes

Hmmm…you gave me an idea…I wonder if I can make “good” Skakdi…

4 Likes

I’d like to see that.

4 Likes

Yee more. I tried going for less ferocious looks for a few of 'em

Imgur

For the next batch i’ll try to sketch board users as Skakdi! Request here if you want to be drawn!

Note: I can only draw 6 at a time due to paper size.

3 Likes

blah blah you’ll regret this blah blah

With that out of the way, I’d like to humbly request to be drawn as a Skadi. How you will do that, I have no idea. =P

5 Likes

may I be drawn as a skakdi good sir?

3 Likes

@Political_Slime @Middlefingerstudios

7 Likes