Skeletonpatch's Nyk: Former Toa of Ice

Here’s my recent jab at a titan-scaled MOC. My primary goal was to use a Vishorak head without it feeling bug-like:

Say aw!

The hip connection here uses a potentially dangerous technique. Do not attempt unless you are a professional, as careless execution could see you securing the Technic axle connectors permanently in place.

I didn’t intend this but it seems that weird shoulders have become an identifying feature of many of my MOCs.

Once a proud Toa of Ice, Nyk was not a great judge of character and easily manipulated. Sometime prior to the Dark Hunter War, he was sent on a mission by a Fe-Matoran to acquire something from the Brotherhood of Makuta. Hijinks ensue and he was fused with a Kane-Ra as punishment before being dumped back into Ko-Metru. Having been driven mad when his and the Kane-Ra’s minds couldn’t reconcile, he flew into a rampage and was apprehended by his own Toa Team, now unable to recognize him, and locked away in the Archives. He escaped with the rest of the Rahi during the Great Cataclysm, and proved powerful enough to fend off the Vishorak. Sometime after Metru-Nui was restored, Nyk finally managed to regain some of his faculties upon overhearing a Ko-Matoran reminisce about a Toa he was friends with that had long since disappeared. That “Ko-Matoran” was Vahlix (my self-MOC), who decided to help Nyk regain his sanity after realizing that his friend was still alive. He now assists Vahlix in running his trading stand on the restored Spherus Magna.

Overall I’m quite pleased with Nyk, his head and torso in particular. His noodle arms and legs are mostly the result of parts limitations and I intend to rework them once I’ve replenished my stash. Any feedback as to how to improve him will be greatly appreciated in the meantime, though I don’t know when I’ll be able to secure my next haul. He felt kind of barren to me so I stuck a bunch of orange studs and wedges all over the place, which I don’t think really work aesthetically, but I haven’t been able to think of a better idea.

7 Likes

This guy looks neat! That head design is really good, as I don’t usually see people using Visorak heads like that.

2 Likes

I actually really like the legs. Reminds me of a Nocturn-scale set, and using the Nuva Armor to make him a cloven hoof animal is a clever use of shaping

2 Likes