Skubarak

(the background image was found on the Bionicle Wiki https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/bionicle/images/2/25/Voya-Nui_Underwater_small.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111227052639 - no copyright infringement is intended)

One of the many dangers inhabiting the Pit, Skubarak was the result of one of Makuta Mutrans many experiments. His attempt to merge a Visorak with a Bohrok created a murderous beast, whose uncontrollable behaviour led to Mutran banishing him into the Pit. The Mutagen of the waters caused a growth in his body as well as his mind, evolving Skubaraks simple instincts into the functioning intellect of a predator. He will hunt or attack any sentient being who gets in his way, but is known to sympathize with Rahi, whom he feels a kinship with.

At some point, I considered making this MOC my version of Marendar, before deciding that his look was fitting for a “prisoner of the Pit”. He is a simple build, whose construction began with the large head from the Visorak Gate playset and was completed with a lot of dark blue pieces shortly after. I really like how his color scheme and his silhouette turned out - simple but effective in conveying his aggressive, predatorial nature. At least that’s what I think :smiley:

48 Likes

Oh wow, finally a good use for that Visorak’s Gate carapace!

Solid colour scheme, I especially like how good the feet look for how few pieces they use.

5 Likes

Interesting use of the Visorak gate piece.

4 Likes

I really like the way this instantly conveys “Visorak”, “Bohrok”, and “shark”. Great work.

3 Likes

It’s very cool! The Visorak gate piece and all, but it has great colour scheme, has very aquatic feel. Totally like it.
Oh and posing is quite nice.

1 Like

@CalamitousT Thank you very much for your kind words, both regarding the feet and the head! It is indeed a rarely seen part :smiley:
@LegoDavid Thanks dude!
@Winger Thank you so much! That’s exactly what I felt when he was done too :slight_smile:
@Lesnichiy Thank you! I’m slowly building up my “posing experience” :wink:

Very nice! His stance conveys a lot of character. Also, as always, Barraki teeth get a 10/10 from me.

1 Like

@MooCowsRock Haha yeah, they’re awesome (and surprisingly easy to use in mocs, I think!) Thank you very much :slight_smile:

This is awesome! Great use of parts and great color scheme!

I love the name too :joy:

2 Likes

@Daler99 Thanks a lot!!! The name came to me while watching Creed in The Office :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: