small mech: Dogfight Dominator

One of the coolest Lego sets of all time is the 8106 Aero Booster from the Exo-Force line. It’s a small (~ Toa Mata sized) mech with a huge detachable weaponized jetpack. Today I present you my own version!

First, the small mech:

I decided to follow the “classic” Exo-Force formula: a gun on one arm, a body-colored melee weapon on the other. This one is a buzzsaw that can also be used as a shield.

And here it is with the jetpack attached!

For the other arm, I thought a melee weapon wouldn’t make sense for a flying vehicle. But I still wanted an orange-colored blade … so I built a spear instead!

The original Aero Booster had a projectile launcher. I instead sacrificed all intierior space to include a spring-loaded set of shoulder straps to simulate holding the small mech in place. They use a dampened shock absorber so they open in a smooth way.

13 Likes

Ooh this looks pretty good! Color scheme is nice, and Exo-Force mechs are cool. Looks like it’d fit right in, nice job. Weapons and thrusters are neat as well.

2 Likes

I don’t know the original set at all but I do like this. That jetpack is a sweet accessory. Love the dampener function

3 Likes

looks great

It’s awesome to see an Exo-Force moc, it definitely captures the spirit of the original sets.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! I’m glad to hear that.

2 Likes

wow this looks great! really love the aero booster

2 Likes