Socket Crawler

Here we have the Socket Crawler, a diminutive pest commonly found in Metru Nui. These insectoid Rahi are capable of climbing nearly any surface. They feed by absorbing energy through their forelegs or “plugs,” which they often fit into various power sockets around the city. They are very difficult to pry off once attached, and in large numbers can absorb enough energy to pose a threat to infrastructure. A swarm once caused the entire Chute network of Ta-Metru to shut down before attendants cleared them out.

This was a fun little Rahi to build. Mostly I wanted to use orange Mistika jets, and the rest just came from there.

Thanks for viewing!

33 Likes

Looks kinda cute! The build works really well as well as the shaping. Color scheme and parts use of the engine parts is neat too. Nicely done moc

3 Likes

Perfect entry for a Rahi Beasts 2

4 Likes

I love this. Everything about the design is just so right for a G1 Rahi and the lore makes it fit too.

5 Likes

I really like the shaping and build of this. The entire thing really fits my definition of the enigmatic “Bionicle aesthetic”; I think the ball-joint eyes really help. I could easily see these things walking around in a G1 story.

4 Likes

this is just amazing, the shaping is so perfect
maybe you could enter it into the duckbricks rahi contest?

4 Likes

@Rukah Thank you!

Thanks to both of you, I’m glad it worked. Hitting the G1 Rahi look was the secondary goal after “bug with plugs for feet.” =P

There’s one of those?

Not gonna lie, the Rahi book is potentially my favorite part of BIONICLE ever. I spent hours and hours looking through that thing. Compiling another one would be really neat… this smells like a community project. =P

5 Likes

i thought so, there was one called “small rahi contest”

3 Likes

Has it already happened or is it going to happen? I had no intelligence about this. =P

4 Likes

i believe its near the end of the contest

4 Likes

Huh. I’ll look into it. Thanks!

5 Likes

looks cool

3 Likes

Wouldn’t break my heart

I’m with you, that one had some of the best fan models and really helped bring the universe to life. It also opened up the door for fan involvement for me, and I think that really added to how enamored I was with the whole franchise

4 Likes

Nice Build.

3 Likes

Love this! Small, simple, and compact mocs are some of my favorite, and this is no exception. There’s something about small Rahi builds particularly that scratch this itch in my brain. Very well done!

4 Likes

Thanks! Rahi, especially straightforward ones complexity-wise, are pretty much the epitome of BIONICLE worldbuilding and fun MOCing to me.

4 Likes

This is turtle crab levels of cute

3 Likes

Ah yes: minimum poseability, maximum expressivity. Perfectly balanced, as all things should was.

2 Likes