Sokoda's weekly builds

[SWB 130] Mark-2 Mining Droid

All pieces used come in these colors. Decals are custom.

Stud.io-file: [SWB 130] Mark-2 Mining Droid

27 Likes

I like the light gray/dark gray mix.

1 Like

[SWB 131] Makeshift UFO Jet

Another build for my Alien Conquest AU. The idea here was that the ADU would combine alien and human technology.

All pieces used come in these colors

Stud.io-file: [SWB 131] Makeshift UFO Jet

26 Likes

Very cool concept! (And it’s executed well, too)

1 Like

Officially requesting a Kakapo build

This actually works really well, with one slight gripe being how non-flush everything looks. Like, it really does look like they slapped two spaceships together and left a bunch of exposed wiring and gizmos. The Alien Conquest ADU sets always impressed me as being very military and clean - lots of hard angles, flat surfaces, and similar color schemes. Perhaps an upgrade to this model or a revamp of it would be the next step, with ADU colors and the electrical components hidden behind glass or coiled through a larger tube.

Nice work!

3 Likes

You nailed the “slapped-together ship” aesthetic.

1 Like

dudes

too soon

6 Likes

[SWB 132] Arrival on Inferno

Stud.io-file: [SWB 132] Arrival on Inferno

29 Likes

Wow, cool!
I like how you used the ninjago dragon hilt piece for the front of the spaceship.

2 Likes

I just found this page and I absolutely love these builds!!! I especially love the scale you build them on. They look so affordable, but don’t feel like they lose any detail.
I am very impressed with the Bionicle minifigures you made as well. If it’s possible to custom print those, I would buy them for sure!

8 Likes

Really nice little build, cute spaceship design 10/10

4 Likes

Great use of the minifig air tanks there

4 Likes

I would love to see more of this post apocaplyptic alien conquest AU. This is such a fun and greebly moc.

1 Like

Thank you so much! Very happy you like the builds!

@Zero I have some ideas for more of the post-apocalyptic alien conquest builds!

1 Like

[SWB 133] Spike Strider

It’s been a while since my last non-revamp Exo-Force build!
All pieces used come in these colors, decal is custom!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 133] Spike Strider

37 Likes

can clearly tell you like exo force.

1 Like

Another awesome moc, Sokoda! I love Exo Force, and this fits right in! Seeing stuff like this makes me wish we had a whole theme of mixel-joint mechs like this one

3 Likes

Can you build something from metroid? Like Ridley or Kraid, but anything’s fine really.

2 Likes

I am serious when I say I would buy Bionicle minifigures in Sokoda’s style (unless, of course, if they were unreasonably priced). Bionicle fans are no strangers to 3D printing, I wonder if somebody could make them (with Sokoda’s permission). I bet they could make quite a pretty penny doing so!

2 Likes

frankly, i’m surprised that no one has just started selling custom-printed sets of their own.