Sokoda's weekly builds

[SWB 121] The Chopper revamp

This was another super fun weekly build. A request I got on Twitter: They asked me if I could build a model based one one of the old LEGO McDonalds toys.
I choose “The Chopper”

Picture Original

All pieces used come in these colors!

Stud.io-file: [SWB 121] The Chopper revamp

31 Likes

I actually have two of the original set and played with them so much when I was younger. Those guys fought valiantly against the evil forces of the Pendulum Noses (LEGO 2743 Pendulum Nose | Brickset). Often they’d team up with the Loudspeakers (LEGO 2742 Loudspeaker | Brickset) to form horrifying combiners with extra pummelling power for decimating the Pendulum Noses.

Eventually they made peace to take on the mastermind behind everything, the maniacal Quattro-Leg (LEGO 2729 Quattro Leg | Brickset). To defeat him, they formed one massive combiner with the Pendulum Noses, and I distinctly remember I started by switching this guys chopping arms out for the ‘nose’ pieces, giving him freakish whip arms.

7 Likes

Clever interpretation of a strange subject!
I like the leaf pieces to make the messy/greasy looking hair.

3 Likes

Gosh, I’d totally forgotten these existed. I wondered where I’d gotten those face bricks from… Great realisation of the face, and the studs on the arms are a great touch.

3 Likes

He got that drip. Very nice!

6 Likes

Today I learnt that there’s a Lego set named “Pendulum Nose” and it’s glorious and horrific and delivers on everything that name implies.

Thank you, Mr. Monopoly, for sharing this with me. You are as noble as your reputation, and resourceful.

We need an epic stopmotion of Good Guy vs Pendulum Nose now. It is the Destiny of this community to produce such a masterpiece.

8 Likes

i just looked that up on google images i am now traumatized

4 Likes

[SWB 122] Golden Legend

This weekly build is of cause inspired by the Ninjago Legacy reimagined short Golden Legend
It was a lot of fun to try to adapt the style of the short and to make the custom figure.

Better look at the custom figure

Stud.io-file: [SWB 122] Golden Legend

35 Likes

Very cool and very accurate, love that custom figure! Looks so cool that it’s all in grey scale

8 Likes

[SWB 123] Minas Scarab

All pieces used exist in these colors!

GIF for mount flourish

SWB 123 Minas Scarab gif

Stud.io-file: [SWB 123] Minas Scarab

27 Likes

[SWB 124] Makuta Nui

Stud.io-file: [SWB 124] Makuta Nui

45 Likes

Okay, this is great. Excellent job capturing the appearance of this ugly thing.

It’s one of the few combiners I have built (a total of two) and it’s super interesting but also super weak. No hip strength.

4 Likes

Talk about a blast from the past! I remember building this one as well.

I daresay this one’s gonna be a lot more stable than the original XD

4 Likes

oh i missed this at first with all the hagah stuff. This looks beautiful well done!

4 Likes

[SWB 125] Found on Baltomoro

Stud.io-file: [SWB 125] Found on Baltomoro

32 Likes

it looks good but i am not sure what it is. is it a ninjago thing? or is it just a unique thing you came up with itself? if its tied to any existing lego theme i guess i just dont recognize it lol

3 Likes

Its a part of a story Sokoda created. There are more builds in the topic above

6 Likes

oh okay cool. the builds seem really creative

3 Likes

Ooh thats actually a reference to your 4th Build. Nice

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes this is one of my original builds!

@Senit Nice, someone noticed :wink:

6 Likes