Solek, Toa of (specifically) Blue Light (V2)

Unlike the first version, this one is not a table scrap build. I feel like this needs a bit of an explanation, I started out building this guy solely for the purpose of testing some photography/stop motion techniques. I posted pics to the message boards because the MOC wasn’t completely horrendous, but to be honest it was pretty bad. Since it is the nature of these message boards, I recieved plenty of constructive criticism, despite the moc not having been that serious of an endeavor to build. I took it upon myself thereafter to make a better, more presentable edition of Solek (also I didn’t want to change the color scheme because I really like it so rather than being just a toa of light he is now a toa of blue light lol).

Update: working on something

32 Likes

It looks too good to be Solek in my opinion
The use of system works well with bionicle here

Edit:
The usage of the heads on the arms is cool, too

3 Likes

I like how you used the glatorian heads.

2 Likes

upper arms look better now

1 Like

Believe it or not, Solek was my favorite character for like a solid 6-7 years. He was the third set I ever got, after Nuparu Ignika and then Kopaka Phantoka (I was a latecomer to Bionicle) so that’s why this is Solek and not some other MOC lol because I wanted to revisit that early fanhood nostalgia.

This is really good, the colour scheme is pretty even. The arms are really good too. Keep up the great work man!

1 Like

Use the white kopaka 2015 add on for his chest, it’ll make it fit the asthethic more while filling it up

1 Like

I don’t have one atm, but I’ll see if I can get my hands on one

He lokal really cool now
The best picture is him fighting against the giant dog :wink:

1 Like

much better now, i like it quite a lot!

1 Like

Bit of an update^^