Soleku, Archon of Lightning

Stubborn, shining and crackling with energy both figuratively and literally, Soleku was one of the bravest Archons of Korrothis.

((Things in bold are to do with the Cyclic Plane Storyline and aren’t canon.))

Soleku was a Vo-Matoran living on the island of Poliaz. She and her best friend Eki formed a band called Cyclestone which became quite popular. Soleku was passionate and reckless in her actions, and at one point took on a Kanohi Dragon in a stolen speeder bike in order to save the island’s toa, Lizena.

Soleku became a toa after Lizena’s death. Her island’s leaders, Turaga Poliaz and a vortixx named Vanembar, put together a plan to expose several of its matoran to energised protodermis. Soleku volunteered herself. None knew the risks involved, and most of the matoran exposed were killed, but five survived: Soleku, Gratigan, Orabmar, Gringat and Xalos.

The new Toa Vanembar were equipped with weapons and armour from Turaga Poliaz’s extensive collection that he kept in a sealed vault under the island. Soleku’s armour was able to recycle some of the elemental energy she unleashed. She was also given electrified dart launchers and a staff created by Artakha that contained an Avohkah - living elemental lightning.

Soleku stayed on with the team for a few decades, but often argued with Xalos, the team’s leader. After Gratigan was killed by a kanohi dragon, Soleku blamed Xalos, left the team and struck out on her own.
While wandering she encountered a rogue makuta named Obsidiakh, who hounded her for days, until she led him into an ambush and paralysed him. She was approached by an old toa named Lianyu who had been tracking down the makuta. He invited her to Korrothis.

Soleku became an Archon of Fire (of which Lightning is seen as part) under the Ta-Nui, Delnok. She was reunited with Eki, who had found shelter on the island after being turned into a Shadow Matoran by Gorast and since turned into a toa herself.
After a plot by Toa Varrix came to fruitition, both the current Le-Nui, Maelestrak and the Ko-Nui, Azmyrus were murdered. The elements of the Matoran Universe went haywire. With Ia’s help, Soleku sent word to her brothers and called them to Korrothis to stop the storms.

When Teridax took over the Universe, the Elemental Council of Korrothis was split on what to do. Gringat advocated using the Great Engines and blasting a hole through the Great Spirit Robot’s shell, forcing Teridax to concentrate on controlling every element in the universe at once. Delnok opposed him, and during the Battle of Bara Magna, stayed behind after Korrothis departed in order to battle Teridax from within. Soleku was with this group. They were all slain when Teridax corrupted Toro and sent him to kill them all.

Soleku rounds out the trio of Lightning Toa I started work on in 2013. This includes Lizena, Guardian of Poliaz and Tynne, Guardian of the Isle of Thorns.

Soleku uses as much sand blue and metallic blue as I could realistically get on her.

Her eye design is by BANJAX.

She can store extra darts in a quiver built into her back. Is that even a function?

The shoulder design has seen a few revisions since this MOC was made. On Tynne I was able to fix them being attached too low (making the neck look too long - Umarak Syndrome), and with Soleku I was able to get the shoulder pads in a stud or so closer with some (still purist!) trickery. Very much aware of the issues present in the pictures here.

The feet weren’t the best either. They’re the only ones I had that fitted the colour scheme, but posability suffered.

Soleku had a really crappy older version made in 2010. Avert your eyes now D:

UPDATE: 8th of Feb 2018
Ohlookitsanartist drew Soleku for my birthday!

34 Likes

About the Matoran form: I really like it, it manages to look complex and really well proportioned. I would really know how you connected the shoulder pads.

About the Toa form: I really like how you made her chest section, I suppose those pieces are the old technic flex cables. The weapon is pretty cool, as well as the whole leg build.
My only complaint would be that the shoulders seem to be connected a bit low, while the shoulderpads manage to hide this “flaw” if you look at her from an angle, I can’t help but notice it from a front or back shot.

I like the Matoran, it has an interesting design. The Toa form looks cool as well, I particularly like how you made the legs.

Genderbent @Plural

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of the name, it’s too similar to Solek, so it isn’t really too creative. I love the matoran build, it’s amazing, and the Toa build is cool too. I really like the colours. Great job. :smile:

1 Like

My only complaint has already been stated in regards to the shoulders. I really like the leg design.

I love the ribcage design, if it is a ribcage. If not, disappoint, but still in love with that :smile:

1 Like

Meant to be more like a jacket, hehe

Nao waorries, moite! :smile:

Resisting urge to joke about the name.

6 Likes

Much improved here!

I like the look overall, but the lack of grey on the lower legs throws off the color balance, especially with all the blue down there and the large amounts of grey from the mask. I would try and get some grey down by the shins if possible.

Also, Soleku.

Dang you, Solek, why won’t you ever die?!

No Solek spam intended.

1 Like

If I was to redo her now I’d probably try and get rid of all the grey. It looked better after the shoulder armour got moved in a stud… and with the sand blue parts from Jango fett her lower arms could be less bad too. Could even use some trans-blue bones…

2 Likes

Great MOCs, as usual. I love the choice of the metallic blue–it really helps separate her from other blue-armored Toa of different elements, because it has a really “electrified” look to it. I also like that she has an Avohkah in her staff. That’s a really cool detail that makes her character more unique. I’d like to see what she looks like with the gray replaced by sand blue, so if you do make that revision, I’ll look forward to seeing it.

I really enjoy the universe you’ve created, and can’t wait to see more of it!

1 Like

Really awesome moc with cool lore behind him too, great job!

Oh, yeah, one thing to mention: search for “archon Starcraft”. You will be surprised, what I imagine when hearing the word “archon”. :smile:

'Tis a woman.

Looking really nice!

Cool. Also, any relation to Solek? The names are really similar.

1 Like

None whatsoever :v

2 Likes