Some Toa Hagah design concepts

So these are my designs for the four Toa Hagah in preparation for the contest. I thought I would put these out here early so that anyone who wants to can take inspiration from them for their own MOCs. I really don’t mind if anyone want’s to take any designs from them or redesign and make them better, I just want the best MOCs to win and I probably don’t have enough parts to make the best haha. I tried to stay fairly consistent with what LEGO might have actually given us as sets at the time but I used a few parts from “the future” and a few different building techniques. I did a little Photoshop to make the eyes glow and put the backgrounds in but that’s all (except Kualus)

For Bomonga I wanted to reflect that he can grow so tall by stretching him a bit but also give him wider legs and feet to support himself. Also didn’t have enough masks/weapons in flat gold so I used a copper and pearl gold.

Gaaki was fairly standard, similar to Iruni, but different enough. I had to build her spear out of a shoulder pad and a Kanohi Kualsi, because I didn’t have enough unique gold weapons. gold and blue go nicely together I think.

Since Kualus is kind of odd and teaches Nuju how to talk to birds I figure I would try to do the most strange things with his design and really like how they turned out. (also I received the Nuju Metru set second hand and it had yellowed quite a bit so I tried doing some color grading on him to get him back to white)

Pouks I think is the most solid design, (no pun intended) and is similar to Norik but I enjoyed using the Whenua weapons as shoulder armor, I don’t think I’ve seen that before (probably has been somewhere I just don’t remember) Also, No Blue Pins!

26 Likes

beautiful. i really hope you plan to enter these or updated versions of these into the contests whenever they start

1 Like

Uhm there.

I like the designs overall.
I dont think gaakis shins are allowed. And kualus misses thigh armor. (Ive used the same mask on bomonga so i like it) i think you should do a picture where kualus isnt changed in color since he looks kinda green.

This might not actually be against the rules.

The rules say that the metallic armour can’t be anywhere that it isn’t on Norik and Iruini, but it doesn’t say that it has to be there.

(Unless there was a rule update that I couldn’t find)

2 Likes

Ok could be i just think it would be a bit better looking

These are really good! Bomonga (especially his lower half) hits the balance between simple yet interesting/different yet recognizably G1; while everything about Gaaki just flows together so naturally - she could very well be an official set!
Kualus has the most creative armor of all, and I can definitely see potential in using Bohrok shields as shoulder pads - although the current solution is a bit too “blocky” for my taste, but that may be a design choice to make him look weird, as you mentioned :smiley:
Finally, Pouks is my favorite - the shoulder pads are a great idea that looks both cool and functional, and his overall armor is both unique, consistent and definitely Hagah - awesome!

1 Like