Sometimes I Get Into Heated Discussions About Plastic Toys

We’ve all had some stupid discussions about all kinds of things, and said plenty of things that seem silly in retrospect. This is the place to describe the silliest arguments and discussions you’ve gotten into, BIONICLE related or not (though preferably LEGO related at least). There is a catch, however.

Responses should be in the style of “Describe it poorly,” if you know what I mean.

If you don’t know what that means, the title is an example. Another would be “My friend and I got into an argument about whether a robot gas monster would defeat a blob of tentacles in a fight or not.” (That, of course, translates to “Makuta vs. Tren Krom. Who would win?”)

Don’t put the translation though, it’s more fun to keep it up to our crazy imaginations as to what you were really fighting about. Have fun!

10 Likes

I once speant four consecutive chemistry classes arguing with the people at my table about a universe showdown between Bionicle and three different animes.

(I didn’t describe it horribly because it’s already pretty outrageous)

12 Likes

The fact that there were 3 different anime thrown in with BIONICLE is already too massive a scale to play down. May I guess that one of them was Gurren Lagann? Because seeing the Great Spirit Robot fight Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann would be amazing.

8 Likes

Actually Gurren Lagann wasn’t one of them, it was Naruto, Fairy Tail and one Piece. There was also a dude there arguing for both Marvel and DC working together.

6 Likes

My sister and I got into a heated argument over who’s handwriting is worse. (it’s mine BTW)

6 Likes

Just for the fact that you still think you’re right in such a silly argument makes you deserve my like.

1 Like

My sister and I argued about whether or not a certain piece of plastic would look good in colors besides white, silver and gold.

4 Likes

Did you at least win?

One of the kids at my theater group (or whatever you call it :confused: ) kept insisting that Bionicle and Halo were the same thing. The heretic

5 Likes

Of course I won, Bionicle characters are completely overpowered. The moment someone mentiones Toa Ignika it’s all over.

8 Likes

I actually argued with some girl in my school about how BIONICLE and Hero Factory are, in fact, NOT the same thing.

In other words, I got into a fight over how some lumps of plastic with dumb names are different than some other lumps of plastic with dumb names made by the same company. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I argued with one of my friends about the fandom not being stupid.
In retrospect, I should’ve been on her side.

10 Likes

I’ve gotten into a long-winded debate about if it would be more unsettling to wake up wet and sticky in a pile of legs or a pile of tentacles.

6 Likes

I know people on the boards who’ve been in a discussion discussing the likability of an idiot in an internet show, one of whom compared the idiot to Hitler.

4 Likes

That is an incredibly unlikeable person, if the comparer is accurate.

Don’t worry.
That’s incredibly inaccurate.

4 Likes

I questioned my sanity the other day after realizing how much I value one pile of plastic over another.

19 Likes

I got in an argument with my cousin about who would win: unstoppable bat- themed person dressed in black from DC comics, or overpowered robot, who’s color scheme is also black, who appeared in some comics made by DC, but is actually owned by Lego.

4 Likes

Which overpowered robot?

1 Like

The black one

4 Likes