Soulless

“The last thing you see is those lights… before they come at you and tear your chest open.”

A husk of a toa reanimated and mutated by so many souls that it may as well have none. Blind and driven only by hunger for life. Senses souls. Appears to live in the Keep of the Leech, from where it ventures out, but avoids the Sanctum of the Divided due to Nor’s presence.

The cataclysm had shown to mess with life. Many were unable to die, while others were unable to live. In the chaos the most desperate grasping for life became monsters.

There was no particular motivation for this moc. I had recently traded with a pal for some teal parts, so I challenged myself to make a teal and purple moc with the limited piece amount I had in those colors. For extra flare I threw some glow-in-the-dark in. Also to act as fingers, since black nor silver were an option.

I managed to discover some neat techniques while building this, but I was also left a bit disappointed with the crotch. I didn’t really have the right parts to make it adequate.

48 Likes

Looks awesome! Though the purple, teal, and green does not seem to fit well together.

4 Likes

Green was a bit of a patch color. I had no more mata feet in teal nor do I think balljoint sockets exist in teal either. I also needed a jaw piece. There was a lot of limitations involved in the build, so the result is a bit lacking in areas.

1 Like

I really like this moc although the lower legs seems a little thin for the upper legs, like someone put armor on chicken legs. And while the upside down tail, while creative, could have been handled a lot better then that. But don’t get me wrong I still really like this moc, the colors, the build, the glow in the dark parts, man is that cool, but the lower legs and tail leave a lot to be desired.

Fair enough, as I’m not completely satisfied myself either. The build had a lot of limitations due to the color scheme, so I worked with what I had. Unfortunately I ran out of suitable parts by the time I concentrated on the tail, so I had to go with a very plain option.

About the lower legs though, I don’t entirely see your point. I put in effort to beef them up, but an issue I did encounter was that the lower legs ended being a bit longer than I planned for, but had to leave like that for my design choices to be implemented. Maybe the extra length makes them feel chickeny?

That head is BRILLIANT

1 Like

While I think the goal is pretty neat, I feel that the color blocking leaves something to be desired; there are also a lot of odd shapes, specifically with the teal technic pieces. In general the flow of the build seems off.

I do really like the silhouette of the build, though, so I would encourage you to try and smooth it out a bit, maybe sacrificing a bit of the concept to add in some more solid areas of black or lt grey to flesh it out.

2 Likes

I appreciate me some teal.

If the color schtwas a tad better then I’d say this moc is a 9.8/10

I was more talking about how the bulk of the upper legs make it look like a double jointed leg(nothing wrong with double jointed leg designs) but the bulk of the upper legs over shadows the bulk of the lower legs making it look a bit like a chicken leg

Wow, The head and the wings are really nice

sockets came in teal in 8505: Amazon

1 Like

Teal sockets: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■=S&O={"iconly":0}

Teal balljoints: https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?M=coluni09#T=S&O={"iconly":0}

the more ye know

Great work on this moc btw!

I might recommend using the white Rahkshi head in the metallic white color; its texture might match that of the glow-in-the-dark bohrok eyes.

1 Like