Sound and Vision

Sound and Vision

And I will sing, waiting for the gift of sound and vision…

Special thanks to Sergei Rahkmaninoff and his incredible use of the Crystal Hau (which you can see here) for inspiration and Modalt Masks for the wonderful paintjob on the Pakari.

35 Likes

Wait, is this a MOC or an artwork? I honesty can’t tell.

1 Like

That Pakari looks amazing! And the star in the back doesn’t even look like lego, even though it’s so simple!

1 Like

This is really pretty!

1 Like

What a beautiful pikari, and - even more importantly (regardinf what is on your part) - what a beautiful Bowie reference! This is a very unique project type, and I would love to see more builders tackle these.

P.S.
Nice job sneaking in a bit of Blackstar too.

3 Likes

Nice idea with the David Bowie mask

1 Like

Wow that’s a lot of Bowie references to unpack all at once. Awesome little piece, love the composition of the Blackstar.

Also I’m a sucker for Sound and Vision, easily in my top 3 Bowie songs.

2 Likes

@LegoDavid
@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister
@ENDERCRAFTER26
Thanks, everyone! I’m glad that you all like it as much as I do!

@LeKrahka
I hope to see more MOCs like these in the future as well. They’re a lot of fun to build and for people like me who don’t use masks too much it’s a fun excuse to build with them again. Thanks!

@TenebraeInvictus
Thank you! I wanted to fit in as much as I could (though I wish I had made the eye colors more pronounced since it just looks like a shadow :sweat:). The black star was a slight modification of this technique. Part limitations made me change it but I think it turned out better for it. Sound and Vision is definitely in my top 3 Bowie songs as well, with Low being in my top 3 albums. Recently I’ve found myself listening to Station to Station more though.

2 Likes

Well I do like the pieces used to cover up the studs on top, but with not all of them being covered it looks great.

As for Station to Station, I liked Low a lot myself but Station to Station last year had a meteoric rise in opinion for me and I had to admit it was probably one of the best albums I’ve ever heard. Word on a Wing is too good.

1 Like