Sovereign: New Age - RP Topic

The Verdant Paladin swings his axes at the gore’s head and back as though there wasn’t massive talons digging in to his side.

1 Like

Hereward tries to catch himself from falling over, even letting go of the sword if he must. Though depending on how badly the Gore spasms, he falls on his rear and gets back up as quickly as he can. He tries to pull the sword out of the creature, but if it takes more than a second he leaves it behind. The sword can always be retrieved later, his life cannot.

Pulling out his scythe sword from it scabbard, Hereward tries to quickly survey the battlefield for a better look. Firstly looking for any immediate threats coming towards himself and then location of his squadmates. If there is enough time, even try seeing how many Gores they’re dealing with. Otherwise, with sword in his right hand, he goes to assist the nearest soldier and thrust the blade in a Gore’s eyes. Or if the head is too difficult of target, slash at its limbs.

Holland, I blame you.

2 Likes

Callen, a Gore is swooping down towards you from behind. A second is approaching from Iosif’s left.

At the awkward angle of being held by your side, it’s difficult to get solid hits in, but after a moment, you feel your axe sink into flesh. The grip on your side loosens, but the creature continues to flap upwards, although in a more cumbersome manner.

As you fumble with the leather pouch where your Sunstone is, a Gore swoops around and down for a second pass at you. However, as you pull it out, the Gore veers sharply away from you, and is then suddenly crushed by a massive warhammer.

“What did I tell you? Gores.” Holland’s face if bloodflecked, but his ever-present smile is wide, if forced.

Your squad is mostly compacted in a tight-knit group to your left, although Holland is nowhere to be seen.

It’s difficult to tell - no more than three of the creatures are in sight at a time, as they swoop down out of the darkness to try for easy kills, and then up again. You see the main source of light - the boy - go out.

2 Likes

“N-No! No!” Iosif retorted. “That’s only for the Scholars to know, you can’t- Behind you!!”

Iosif jabbed a finger at the Gore swooping down towards Callen’s blind spot, completely oblivious to the one bearing down on himself.

1 Like

Callen throws a dagger at the Gore coming in from behind aimed to stick right in its throat while he moves to slash the one approaching from Iosif’s left with his sword, “Teach me or we are dinner for these things!” He yells at Iosif, it wasn’t at all mean, just loud because it was absolute chaos in the immediate area due to the nature of this kind of battle.

2 Likes

“If it wasn’t frowned upon I would break both your legs.”

kanei rushes over, “Cover me!” He orders Callen as he fumbles with his sun stone and manages somehow to hold it aloft while attempting to dig through his sack before retrieving what he thought was catskin. Alcohol had its perks, but grace was not one of them.

3 Likes

Callen does his best to juggle protecting himself, Iosif and Kanei.

2 Likes

The Verdant Paladin swings his body to destabilize the creature’s flying to try and make it crash into something (preferably another gore, and he tries to aim for them as best he can)

Everything with Callen’s plan was excellent, except for the tiny issue that Iosif’s left was on the opposite side of Iosif. So when Iosif saw Callen approaching with sword readied and a threatening command, he immediately backpedaled away. “Wait, think about what-”

Clink

That was weird. Almost like something had hooked onto the cage.

1 Like

Callen grabs at Iosif, “Hang on to me!” He yells, “Or that gore is gonna carry you away.”

1 Like

Iosif is now thoroughly convinced Callen is out for blood and deliberately pulled his arms back to avoid being grabbed. And that’s when he couldn’t feel the ground under his feet anymore.

Unlike the Verdant Paladin, Iosif was extremely light even with the cage, and likely the Gore would have no difficulty transporting him anywhere. If, uh, Iosif screaming and gripping at his own throat didn’t stop it.
(@WINGer)

OOC: The joke here is that I capitalized the Wing in Winger because Iosif is in mid flight. Get it? Please laugh my wife left me I need the hubris to live

1 Like

“Someone give me a light source, now!” Callen yells.

1 Like

Kanei chucks his sunstone, he would’ve been hesitant if he hadn’t witnessed the Gore grab Iosif. “Catch!” He was nearly there but not close enough to hand it to callen, so throwing would have to suffice.

2 Likes

Callen manages to snatch it and tries to shine it in the face of the Gore that had Iosif.

2 Likes

Kanei continues running. 7 meters away the drunkard drops the maybe catskin and retrieves his grappling hook. I can hook it onto the cage? NO you could risk hurting Iosif. Then the Gore? YES THAT COULD WORK!

2 Likes

Alright, super sorry for the delays, I lost wifi last evening.

In the heat of battle, the dagger only manages to skim across the Gore’s ear, and it doesn’t stop its charge. You are, however, able to get a solid hit on a second one with your sword. It is the Gore you missed with you knife that grabs Iosif’s cage.

As you throw your stone, something slams into you from behind, pushing you over onto your face.

The Gore veers violently away from you, flapping it’s wings to fly upwards

It doesn’t let go of Iosif.

The Gore slams into something and you suddenly find yourself falling in midair. You have a split second to register this, before you hit something that doesn’t give. It is a ledge, high up in the wall of the factory. At least thirty feet below, you can see the party engaging in mortal combat. You here a low growling behind you.

2 Likes

Kanei rolls over holding his sword up hoping to block what he thinks is a gore from ripping his face to shreds.

3 Likes

You’re able to roll over with ease. There is no Gore.

The body is that of a Kingdom Soldier, staring up with sightless eyes.

2 Likes

Kanei looks at the soldier, He’s horrified to say the least, He hadn’t seen a dead body since…since He- Don’t think about it. he stumbles back up. Where did it come from? he scans the nearby area in hopes of finding what had thrown a Body at him.

3 Likes

“Just our luck we find a nest.” Callen grumbles and he tries to get to the Gore with Iosif, trying to kill it before it could reach its destination.

3 Likes