Sovereign: New Age - RP Topic

Kanei felt something hit the side of his face, and it hit it hard. “cuack” Kanei let out a sound that almost could be mistaken for that of a duck. “WHAT THE HELL-” He breathed in calming down, “What the hell is wrong with you.” he harshly whispered “You of all people should know that actions like that to superiors could get you killed.” he once again stuck out his hand to help losif up.

3 Likes

Iosif kept up the rouse until he was no longer in direct contact with the Verdant Paladin, and then exhaled his concerns to the emptiness of the path.

“I’m only the pet of the people who do something, Kanei.” Iosif mumbled under his breath, half-wanting to slap him again. “You’re not my superior, you’re nowhere remotely near the definition of a friend, and if it was up to-”

He glared at the extended hand which had been offered after he was clearly standing. “You’re a brick, Kanei. Go find a hole.”

4 Likes

The group has come up on a stone gate, similar to the original entrance. The Scholar Representative is running his hand over the door, seemingly searching for something, but his efforts seem fruitless.

There is murmuring at the front of the procession that travels down it, carrying instructions.

“Harthun, Tolomei, Scind, you are needed.”

Vaita turns to you, rakish grin pasted on her face. “Would you look at that? Apparently we’re famous.”

3 Likes

“OH YOU’RE SUCH A JOKER IOSIF!” Kanei cackled, but his eyes told him a very different story. “whether you like it or not Iosif, i was sent on this godforsaken mission Because of you, if I’m to do maintenance on your stupid cage I’m going to make sure it’s not for nothing.” he whispered “now get up, before I make you” his hand drifted towards his sword’s hilt.

3 Likes

The Verdant Paladin decided to go check out for himself what was going on, so he made his way to the front.

2 Likes

“That’s my queue.” Iosif grumbled. “Try not to-”

The party around the pair parted slightly at the commotion and mostly stared blankly at the proceedings while Iosif leaned back in shock at this flippant drawing of attention. Iosif looked down at the sword, completely baffled that Kanei might actually be stupid enough to attempt to use it.

With one last empty glance into Kanei’s eyes Iosif slowly moved towards the front of the group, not finding the motivation to tell Kanei that, in spite of his adamant prompting and prodding, he was already standing.

3 Likes

Kanei stood up and moved to the front of the group.
That kid is going to get himself killed.

“Soooo… what now?”

3 Likes

“Now, friends, you answer my questions.” Said a voice from nearby.

2 Likes

Iosif breathed another sigh of relief as he felt a voice intercept Kanei before he could be followed any further. At least now he would be able to try and be useful without getting knocked over or something.

…Or maybe he wouldn’t. The others in his party were casting him nasty glares. There would be a talking later.

3 Likes

A man with dark hair, a scruffy beginnings to a goatee, blue eyes carrying a wide variety of tools and equipment but no faction symbols walked into view, “The first being what such fine and dignified-looking people like yourselves are doing here.” He asks the expedition.

2 Likes

A man appears, having moved down from the front of the procession.

“Where’s Harthun?” And then, seeing the newcomer “Who the hell are you?”

Aron Vaughn is not tall, but he strikes an imposing figure in a long, dark blue cloak. “One of of those vagrants that tagged along with the Alliance?”

1 Like

“I don’t know any ‘Harthun’ and I’m not Alliance.” He said. “I’m a free agent, just a simple man making his way in the world collecting the trash of this place to have it be someone else’s treasure, just like you.”

3 Likes

The group of onlookers is growing larger as news of a newcomer spreads. “Then where in Everlasting’s good paradise did you come from?”

1 Like

The man smiles, “Does it matter?” He asks.

“Like I said, I’m here for the same reasons as you: collecting whatever scraps I can to sell to someone else and maybe have a little fun along the way.” He tells them.

The man seems rather relaxed and calm as he is chatting with those assembled.

2 Likes

Uh oh, things were swinging bad.

Here appeared someone from out of nowhere who looked like a hobo with a vast trinket collection. Hopefully he didn’t decide Iosif’s cage was a worthwhile treasure…

3 Likes

The Verdant Paladin finally makes it to the disturbance in the party. He looks down at the strange newcomer. Having heard snippets of the conversation, he says “well, if you aren’t Harthun, then who are you?”

2 Likes

“Name’s Callen.” He says.

2 Likes

“I am The Verdant Paladin” The Verdant Paladin say to Callen. “What is your purpose for being down here?” He asks Callen.

1 Like

“For the third time, the same reason as the rest of you: scavenging, treasure hunting, salvaging, call it what you will; I’m here to get scraps,” he pats his bag and causes the contents to rattle around a little, “see if they are any good and sell them.”

“And any scavenger worth their salt knows the good stuff is found at deeper levels of this city-sized pile of rubble.” He adds.

3 Likes

Vaughn pauses. “You know your way around this place at all?”

2 Likes