Sovereign: New Age - RP Topic

Once you remove the crosspieces from a pin, you are able to slide the pin out of the hinge.

Behind the hinge, there is a T-shaped handle, above which there is a small pore or hole, roughly a centimeter across.

1 Like

He gives a sigh, “Combination locks. Fun.”

He moves to the next panels to try and unlock them.

3 Likes

There is the same T-shaped handle and hole behind each.

1 Like

“24 possible combinations.” Callen mutters, “Who’s good at cracking combination locks or is willing to try and activate these four things in sync?” He asks the group.

2 Likes

Deranged, most likely. Mercenary? He would wait and listen to find out if he was worth the role. But as Hereward listened, he wanted to cut this Callen’s tongue out. This person, regardless of how he got in here, was bluffing.

If he really knew anything, Hereward would have put nice gash in the collar bone, striking a main artery. Causing a lot of blood loss, threatening, but not too much to kill him. At least not right away, any good mercenary should know how much trouble they’re in from such a wound. Then tell him that they didn’t have the supplies to spare, so if he was worth keeping alive, then he’d help open the door. His first payment would be any supplies inside to help stop the bleeding. Or he could just die on the floor, either way they loose nothing.

It was certainly ruthless, but why take chances here? This Callen would do the same to them if given a reason.

Yet it was not his call nor was he asked for such advice. The caged freak glowing bright suddenly did distract Hereward for a moment. He wondered how much extra pain such function could cause the thing before resuming focus on Callen. Maybe the green giant would accidently strike him.

2 Likes

“Or are you guys gonna make me be the guinea pig here?” Callen asks.

3 Likes

“I’ll help you Callen” The Verdant Paladin says. “What do you need me to do?”

1 Like

“You take the two on the left and I’ll take the ones on the right. Then, I’ll count down and we try to activate them, either by turning, pushing or combo of the two, at the same time.” He says.

“If all goes well, it opens on the first try and we don’t have to worry about potential traps or security measures that activate when the wrong interaction happens.” He finished.

3 Likes

“Got it” he says, nodding his head. He gets into position and gets ready

2 Likes

Callen counts from five and says, “Go.” To signal the first attempt. He tries pressing the bars in.

OOC: and now to see if this works.

3 Likes

The Verdant Paladin presses his in at the same time as Callen.

2 Likes

Kanei peers over the Two’s shoulders hoping to get a glimpse of how this mechanism worked.

3 Likes

You have to twist the lever and then push it down, but once you push it, it stays.

There is a click, a hiss, and then a noise that doesn’t register at first. A tchk.

Flint and steel.

2 Likes

“Move! Take cover!” Callen yells as he tries to get everyone away from the door. Flint and steel was not a good sound to hear connected to a door lock.

3 Likes

Kanei jumped back.

3 Likes

The Verdant Paladin shoves everyone away from the door and puts himself in between the door and the rest of the group, shielding is face with his axes and crouching down.

2 Likes

Callen tries to pull him away from the door, “Are you insane?!” He yells, bringing up his shield to try and defend from the dreaded blast.

3 Likes

“Are you!” Kanei shouts clearly confused as to why callen might do such a thing, as he returned to his ball.

3 Likes

There is a spitting noise, and four jets of flame, one after another, sprout from the four holes, arcing towards the Verdant Paladin.

2 Likes

The Verdant Paladin quickly blocked two of the jets with his axes the dodged the other two as fast as he could, only getting slightly singed in the process

2 Likes