Sovereign: New Age - RP Topic

Callen gets a little toasted and rolls to put out the flames on himself before trying to pat out the ones on the Paladin.

“Move it!” He yells, trying to get him to join the others at a safe distance from the flamethrower trap.

3 Likes

The flames last very briefly, and then stop.

3 Likes

Kanei stands up, he’s got a burn on his left arm, but he’s had worse, working over a forge all day makes you get used to the heat pretty quickly. “What the Hell were you thinking you could’ve gotten killed!” @T4k4nuv4

3 Likes

The Verdant Paladin slowly walks backward and gets out of range of the fire. Interesting, the mercenary seems to care more about others than most of the others here. Or he just doesn’t want a strong asset to be destroyed. Either way, it’s fascinating he thinks once he’s safe.

3 Likes

Callen was panting as the adrenaline wore off, “Is everyone okay?” He asks breathlessly.

3 Likes

“Got this.” Kanei holds up his left arm, across the length of it is a row of burnt skin about 7 inches in length. “I’ve had worse though.”

4 Likes

The Verdant Paladin turns to Kanei and says “I wasn’t thinking. It was instinctual. I’m fine thank you”

2 Likes

“Well I appreciate the gesture, but could you at least give a little thought for doing something like that again-” He struggles to find the right words. “You’re a valuable asset to this group.” he turns and glances at Iosif almost as if trying to say: That goes for you too. @Ghid

3 Likes

“I will try to keep that in mind” he says, then he smiles internally. how amusing he thinks to himself.

2 Likes

“Alright.” Kanei nods. “Who’s got bandages? A little alcohol won’t make this wound heal all by its self!” he shouts jokingly

3 Likes

“Agreed.” Callen says, “Is anyone a medic?” He calls to the rest of the expedition.

3 Likes

Bren was fortunately standing quite off to the side when this interaction happened. He supposed it was a good thing some of the more bold, quick, and strong members of this raid tried their hand first, as opposed to him.

But it was clear neither brute force nor trial and error were going to get them past this door, at least not quickly enough to get to the storeroom in time.

It was time for the engineers to do their work.

Bren will then proceed to take careful measurements of the mechanisms, examine the handles, and, so long as no one is around them, tamper with them using a bar or pipe from a safe distance.

4 Likes

The handles seem to have triggered a gas jet, which was lit by the flint and steel. In the aftermath, you can smell this gas. It is the same as what many of Achilles’ war machines used.

There may be a way to disable the flames, but you aren’t sure if that would help open the door.

3 Likes

Iosif was now siting on the ground, against the wall, his knees brought halfway to his chest (it’s the closest he could manage with the cage) and in spite of what had occurred and the fact that he was still brightly glowing, the biggest thing in his mind right now was whether or not he should feel remorse for Kanei. When he saw the burn was practically an encouragement for him to keep babbling, he elected it was fine to retain any condolences.

Iosif managed to get a whiff of the gas exiting the door, but the source - or what in blazes it was - completely escaped him. Only that it was unnatural, and that he would probably be blamed, somehow.

The hand covering his face turned slightly to pinch his nose.

3 Likes

“Don’t beat yourself up about it, if anyone is to blame it will be me; it was my idea to try the door without checking for traps.” Callen said to Iosif, “And this city has them all over the place. I got careless and now we have to deal the the consequences and try our best to repair the damage.”

3 Likes

The Verdant Paladin decided it was time to get his burns attended to. They hurt a lot more than he let on. He realized it really had been pretty stupid of him to do what he did, but that didn’t mean he regretted it. No one had died, and that was a win in his book. He went in search of a medic.

3 Likes

Iosif let Callen know how deeply he felt for the party by immediately averting eye contact and drumming one hand on the floor. Yes, nobody should get hurt, but this… Creature wasn’t from any faction and was therefore the least trustworthy of them all.

Go away go away go away go away

2 Likes

Callen left Iosif alone and went to a corner to go through his bag of trinkets and examine them, muttering to himself about what he was observing and predictions on what they’d sell for.

2 Likes

The Scholar Representative seems to be quite off-put by the trap, cowering against the wall. Representative Vaughn is trying to regain control of the group. Upon noticing that some were injured, he does send two medics - one from the Kingdom and one from the Scholars - to attend to their wounds.

3 Likes

Callen put his things away and approached the Scholar Representative, “Do you have a minute?” He asks.

2 Likes